[Bug Report] gigaherz's USBqemu plugin: no device is listed
Exclamation 
O.S.: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1 with x86 & x64 Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013.
BUILD: PCSX2 1.3.0 (18, June, 2014) [Blyss Sarania GIT Weekly Builds]*
PLUGIN: USBqemu 0.1.0

REPRODUCE BUG:
1) Run PCSX2.exe and Go to menu: Config > Plugin BIOS Selector.
2) Go to Plugins > USB > USBqemu 0.1.0 and hit APPLY.
3) Go to USBqemu 0.1.0 and hit CONFIGURE.

BUG REPORT:
At USBConfigure screen there is no way to select any device at port 1 or 2. The dropdown menu is blank.

[Image: USBqemu.jpg]
Click on image to expand.

If you check "Enable Logging" option or leave it blank, it saves correctly to USBqemu.ini at INIS folder.

USBqemu.ini
Code:
[Interface]
Logging=FALSE

WORKAROUND:
1) Exit PCSX2.
2) Backup your old USBqemu.dll
3) Download and extract USBqemu 0.1.0 custom, version 2014/06/08 - by jackun (based on gigaherz's USBqemu) into PLUGINS folder. [Direct link here]
4) Run PCSX2 again and go to Config > Plugin BIOS Selector > USB > USBqemu 0.1.0 > CONFIGURE
5) As you can see below, there is a list of devices that you can select.

[Image: USBqemu_Air_Gamer.jpg]
Click on image to expand.

6) In my case, I selected Keyboard because I wanted to use it with Network Adapter Start-up Disc and Biohazard Outbreak on private server (obsrv.org). Hit OK when you are done.
7) As this custom plugin doesn't work properly while in games (3 and M keys keep pressing until forever), close PCSX2.
8) Now delete this custom USBqemu plugin from PLUGINS folder. This plugin is useful to create a INI file with the devices that was set early in step 5.

USBqemu.ini 's from Air_gamer
Code:
[Interface]
Logging=FALSE
Dev0=1
Dev1=0
Path=

9) Copy the original USBqemu backup again into PLUGINS folder.
10) Now you are good to run your game and start chatting online.

ExclIf you check again the USBqemu's USBConfigure screen, you still can't list or choose a device. You only can do that with the custom build by jackun.

*Tried the latest build from 25/06/2014 and the bug still persists.

It would be nice if it get's fixed in a new PCSX2 revision. Smile

Sponsored links

not a valid bug report.
moved to plugins discussion
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-27-2014, 09:24 PM)Kormann Wrote: 3) Download and extract USBqemu 0.1.0 custom, version 2014/06/08 - by Air_gamer (based on gigaherz's USBqemu and jackun's USBqemu-wheel) into PLUGINS folder. [Direct link here]

That plugin version isn't made or compiled by Air_gamer (I'm assuming your from the Prometheus community forums (my account is Air_gamer over there))

jackun was the person who created the modified version of the plugin, I believe a credited him in my post. (Edit: made is clearer in that post)
(06-29-2014, 08:53 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: That plugin version isn't made or compiled by Air_gamer (I'm assuming your from the Prometheus community forums (my account is Air_gamer over there))

jackun was the person who created the modified version of the plugin, I believe a credited him in my post. (Edit: made is clearer in that post)

Hello Ge-Force / Air_gamer !
No, I'm not from your community. I found it when I was looking for a keyboard usb plugin (and pcsx2 wifi connection tutorial, btw very good one). Smile
Thanks for the clarification. Now I also have corrected my statement at the main post.

By the way, do you have the same issue that I stated here at this post? Or is just me that has this bug?

Best Regards.
I've also experienced this bug with the GIT builds.
Quote:7) As this custom plugin doesn't work properly while in games (3 and M keys keep pressing until forever), close PCSX2.

What game? And what games' are good to test the HID code with?
I tested KB/M only with Half-Life a little until the cascade test thingy exploded.

Quote:Mass storage file dialog not setting filename editbox
Oh wow, i called 'get string from editbox' instead 'set string..'. Gotta been drunk, lol.
(08-09-2014, 05:48 PM)jackun Wrote: What game? And what games' are good to test the HID code with?
I tested KB/M only with Half-Life a little until the cascade test thingy exploded.

Oh wow, i called 'get string from editbox' instead 'set string..'. Gotta been drunk, lol.

figured it would be something dumb that was causing issues.

I don't know about Kormann's issues, but if you accepting bug reports, the patched version of .Hack//Fragment crashes when you return to the title screen.

It also crashes the emulator when you enter the net config program that's bundled with .Hack//Fragment (which is patched with a US elf) and Ratchet and clank gladiators (PAL)

In fact these still crash with the latest version of your wheel/storage plugin.

Edit: I don't know if this relates to the HID testing you mentioned, but fragment and RPG maker 3 doesn't accept keyboard input from Nuvee (Fragment works with this plugin, to an extent but I don't know about RPGM3)
I guess if it jumps between 'executables' then for some reason USB state/RAM is not reset.
You use the storage part with these games?

E: Yep, ports are reset but usb ram is full of gibberish.
(08-09-2014, 10:24 PM)jackun Wrote: I guess if it jumps between 'executables' then for some reason USB state/RAM is not reset.
You use the storage part with these games?

Normally yes, but when I checked using your wheel plugin I had all the ports set to none.

Edit: just to clarify I believe none of the games use USB storage but I still had it connected before I tested with the wheel plugin
Star 
Hello guys.
I have also reported this at https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/106
Which got a reply by rama, a pcsx2 coder.

jackun,
You could try testing keyboard with english patched versions of Biohazard Outbreak (Resident Evil Outbreak Jap), Biohazard Outbreak File 2 at login or at the lobby screen (this game works online only in http://obsrv.org/ private server). That's where I tested.

Also you can test it with Network Adaptor Start-up disc (creating the network config).

Beside these 3 softwares I found a list of games that are compatible with USB peripherals like keyboards and mouses:

Age of Empires II
Armored Core series (logo drawing mode only)
ATV Quad Power Racing 2
Datel Action Replay Max (Add or edit codes)
Deus Ex
Dirge of Cerberus (US)
EverQuest Online Adventures: Frontiers
Final Fantasy XI
Half Life (mouse and keyboard)
Monster Hunter Series (Network and chat)
Myst III: Exile
Official PS2 Linux kit
Red Faction II
Resident Evil 4
Sky Odyssey
Star Trek: Elite Force
Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force
SOCOM Series (probably at chat screen)
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 (logo drawing mode only)
Unreal Tournament (mouse and keyboard)

Homebrew
SCUMMVM (point and click adventure games emulator)

Sources:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=397450
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic...26&t=15496