[Bug report] Fatal Frame 2 PAL (Project zero 2)
Game: Fatal Frame 2 PAL (project zero 2)
Playground version: pcsx2 playground beta 658
Cpu options: EERec, VU recompilers, MTGS on
GFX: GSdx 0.1.14 SSE2
Sound: Spu2ghz playground 1.9.0
Control: Lilypad 0.9.4
CD/DVD plugin: Linuz/Pg Iso CDVD 0.7.0

Screen:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9025/...piaiy4.jpg

At the beginning it's all ok, i can play till the menu, then when i choose new game, for few seconds there is sound in background with black screen, then just the black screen. The fps counts as something is rendered but it is not shown on the screen.
I've tried to change everything, graphic plugin, cpu options, but there is always this problem.

Sponsored links

Yeah we are aware of it,thanks for reporting though.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ameppe
You forgot to meantion that the game itself have status ingame, coz you can play using existing FF2 save.
(01-30-2009, 04:00 PM)Kein Wrote: ameppe
You forgot to meantion that the game itself have status ingame, coz you can play using existing FF2 save.

No you can't play it. You can get ingame using a mem.card data but it is unplayable. You can give a few steps before the game lose it's audio and eventually hangs at any FMV encounter. It shouldn't even be considered as Ingame in the first place. Ingame status should be considered when you can get Ingame without having to use a random mem. card data to get inside of it.

The cause for the black screens are unknown, so don't expect this to be fixed anytime.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Huh? I played the whole hour.
So were you able to watch any FMVs inside of it ?? You didn't got the black screens ? Wow, you should report that to Pcsx2 team. Anyone can play a whole hour if they just keep walking aimlessly with the character, as long as they don't bump into any FMV scenes. That doesn't mean the game is playable.

Anyway, if you can watch Fmvs inside of the game then you should post a log here for the devs, maybe it can contain information about how this game behaves and it could bring some light in how to fix the black screen at the start.

Honestly, for me the game just goes to a black screen whenever I bump into a place where a FMV is supposed to load.

Doesn't help much. We need to find out what its waiting for on the start.
Probably for the introduction FMV to load... ?? Ingame it just shows the same behavior. I think the emulator isn't being able to load the Fmvs, honestly. Also the emulator lose the game audio when you are ingame through the memory card. I loaded a memory card data right at the start of the game, I just gave a few steps and then the sound was gone... Then just when I bumped into a corridor where a FMV takes place the game stayed at a black screen without loading the FMV..........

Right after you select New Game you can see the Now Loading screen and then everything stays black... That's where the intro FMV comes... Everything points to the FMVs to be the problem. At least that's my experience on NTSC version. But I'm pretty sure both versions suffers from the same issue.

I can be wrong, anyway. I'm not a coder or anything, it's just a feeling I had.

Quote:So were you able to watch any FMVs inside of it ??
No, there wasn't any FMVs, only cutscenes based on the game engine. And ofc many sps, but still, it doesn't crashes just after few mins.

Btw, rama!! Why fixing FF but not RoR? :((((
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
(02-14-2009, 07:00 AM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:So were you able to watch any FMVs inside of it ??
No, there wasn't any FMVs, only cutscenes based on the game engine. And ofc many sps, but still, it doesn't crashes just after few mins.

Btw, rama!! Why fixing FF but not RoR? Sad(((
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

That's because you didn't bumped into a FMV............... If you could just make more accurate tests, then we could get to a conclusion. Try bumping inside of a FMV while ingame... There is no point testing parts of the game that doesn't have the black screen problem. We need to find similar wrong behaviours inside the game to determine what's causing the black screens...........