[Bug report] Fatal Frame 2 PAL (Project zero 2)
(02-14-2009, 07:00 AM)Kein Wrote: Btw, rama!! Why fixing FF but not RoR? Sad(((
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Wtf? Maybe because I can't fix it?
It's not that I just decided that game isn't worth fixing Tongue
(02-14-2009, 06:39 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Probably for the introduction FMV to load... ?? Ingame it just shows the same behavior. I think the emulator isn't being able to load the Fmvs, honestly. Also the emulator lose the game audio when you are ingame through the memory card. I loaded a memory card data right at the start of the game, I just gave a few steps and then the sound was gone... Then just when I bumped into a corridor where a FMV takes place the game stayed at a black screen without loading the FMV..........

Right after you select New Game you can see the Now Loading screen and then everything stays black... That's where the intro FMV comes... Everything points to the FMVs to be the problem. At least that's my experience on NTSC version. But I'm pretty sure both versions suffers from the same issue.

I can be wrong, anyway. I'm not a coder or anything, it's just a feeling I had.

Yeh, it's clear there's a probem with fmv and audio.
But it's not so simple as the emu "not loading the fmv" Tongue2
There's something not hapening when it should, and to find out what it is I need to go trough gigs of logs (not fun).

Sponsored links

I can imagine that..... Hey Rama.. Isn't there a way to gather data from a real PS2 while it is performing the Fmvs and audio on Fatal frame 2 ? Maybe that could help... LOL... I don't have a clue if this is possible though.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Nope, not to my knowing Tongue2
Well.. I'm sure sooner or later u guys will figure this problem out Wink

Can I join the discussion? the debugger should provide enough infomation, but only need time to analysis (reverse engineering??). I don't know how do you debug PS2 issues.
maybe after the new vu recompiler complete, the game can work.

BTW: hi, Gentleman. what's mean of SPS and cutscreen? your dear chinese fellaSmile
Core 2 Duo E5200 @ 2.5Ghz /ATI HD5770 /2GB RAM 800 @ 1066Mhz /Asus P5QL /Windows XP SP3
Hello.
I'm sorry that I'm poor at English...
But I'd like to report my case on here. Blush

I have PS2 and Fatal Frame 2 (NTSC).

When I play the game with PS2, I can see the intro movie (attached movie file) if I wait for a while in first "Press Start Button" screen. (about 1~2 minutes, does not start, just waiting)

But when I play with PCSX2, I have never seen the intro movie in spite of long long time waiting... (In "Press Start Button" screen) But it's not frozen state. Showing the screen, it waits for a button input.
Of course, there's nothing shown up when I start the game.

I wonder if this report can help debugging... Happy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Intro.zip (Size: 4,66 MB / Downloads: 316)
Lol, that exactly IS the problem with FF. Well-known problem.
The same problem haunts Fatal Frame 3 (NTSC). Black screen after you make your final startup choice. Chances are if Fatal Frame 2 can be fixed, then perhaps Fatal Frame 3 will come along for the ride.
Phenom II 965 oc 3.9Ghz, ATI 5870, 4 Gigs RAM, Win7-64
Wow, how did you figured that out ?

(02-19-2009, 05:01 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Wow, how did you figured that out ?

me? i have much time...Tongue