Bugging graphics on HP- World Quidditch Cup
Hello,

I'm running pcsx2 on a Core i5 with a GeForce 820M. Some games are playing well with no bugs at all. The only game I have that I am experiencing problems with is Quidditch World cup. The game FPS is ok, but some graphics take longer to load (like faces of charatcters and some colors of the stadiums). Also the intro movies to the game are not working at all, all i can hear is the audio but in the screen there are just some buggy green stripes moving randomly. However, if i change to software rendering by f9 all of those glitches disapear, but then the game runs at half the normal speed.

Any suggestions in what to do?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

thats because software rendering is all mostly done by the processor instead of the graphics card it emulates in software rendering instead of hardware rendering so all those effects and stuff appear and work correctly but the only problem is you need a very strong CPU to handle it and also there is no upscaling or post processing effects so its like the ps2,s resolution natively some games work better with it others dont also harry potter games have problems on the emulator.
(06-05-2017, 03:12 PM)refraction Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.

I'm using windows 10. I can also try it on Ubuntu, although i haven't yet. 
Using the current 1.4.0 version. Nothing not default being used at the moment. I did tried changing a lot of stuff the last few days based on other threads but nothing worked. All is set back to default now.

(06-05-2017, 11:14 PM)mrchrismania Wrote: thats because software rendering is all mostly done by the processor instead of the graphics card it emulates in software rendering instead of hardware rendering so all those effects and stuff appear and work correctly but the only problem is you need a very strong CPU to handle it and also there is no upscaling or post processing effects so its like the ps2,s resolution natively some games work better with it others dont also harry potter games have problems on the emulator.

I thought my computer was strong enough. i5 should handle it right? And quidditch world cup is set as compatible on the list of compatibility.
(06-06-2017, 12:54 AM)Jhoules Wrote: I'm using windows 10. I can also try it on Ubuntu, although i haven't yet. 
Using the current 1.4.0 version. Nothing not default being used at the moment. I did tried changing a lot of stuff the last few days based on other threads but nothing worked. All is set back to default now.

I thought my computer was strong enough. i5 should handle it right? And quidditch world cup is set as compatible on the list of compatibility.

i would try and experiment with it using OpenGL renderer or Direct3D11. however software rendering can be very taxing on the CPU including many i5,s and i7,s try both hardware and software mode if no luck then i would wait until the PCSX2 wiki page is back up and see if theres any settings that were used to make it work there.