Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs in Jak and Daxter titles.
I don't even know where to start. A shadow bubble around all character models, missing eyes, rainbow hair, tinny sound, terrible lag (likely caused by the bugs), for some reason the games start in Japanese and you have to change the setting in the options every time you start the game even though it's the US version that I ripped myself, the first screen for the original Jak and Daxter ("Sony Computer Entertainment presents") will crash the emulator if you're not using software mode, etc etc. The games are just generally a mess right now it seems. It's almost hilarious to look at the graphical bugs.

Seriously, pop them in and try them. They're pretty close to broken right now. Native Res and Software Mode doesn't fix the bugs and just slows it down more. DX9 vs DX11 also makes no difference besides speed and quality.

Not sure if this is known or not, but I figured they were worth mentioning.

Was done in SVN 639, so almost the latest revision to date.

[Currently uploading a video of the original Jak and Daxter to show you some of this, though I think it's the most un-bugged of them all. The rest were so bugged I couldn't even record them, even with the superfast x264 CPU preset and low bitrate @ 30fps].

TL;DR: I think this series needs some attention.

Edit: Upload done. I can't stress enough that this one is the least affected, and the rest were worse. I also had to use the superfast x264 preset at with a bitrate of 2500 at 30fps because the game would lag terribly on anything better if I tried to record it. Also, I helped reduce bugs by using native res, but it far from remidied them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt-evBHD...e=youtu.be

Oh, and you can watch my other videos if you want. Anything from PS2 will have been done in PCSX2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNXEoEr...cpQ/videos
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)

Sponsored links

Quote:Was done in SVN 639, so almost the latest revision to date.
you mean it's worse than in the stable build ?
Quote:TL;DR: I think this series needs some attention.
Probably. can you give us an idea of when you will have fixed those ? And of what causes the troubles ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
I didn't mean it in a demanding tone or something. Was just reporting it.

Quote:you mean it's worse than in the stable build ?
I'll have to test that. Actually removed the stable build from my computer and everything because I haven't been using it.

But I just want to be clear that I didn't mean this in a dickish tone. If bug reporting like this is pretty redundant and annoying then I'll stop.

I've changed the title of the thread because I can see where it could've been taken wrong. Cussing may have made it sound aggressive, though I'm just one of those types of people that cuss all the time and it's just part of my humor too.

Ok.
Because it could be worthe making a proper bug report, then... Smile
These issues have been around for a LONG time. The messed up eyes are due to the texture cache not being implemented correctly in HW mode. I'm not sure why the shadows are screwy. I asked refraction a while back and he didn't know either
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
The eyes appear to be the same in software mode. For some reason changing to software mode will fix one eye in Jak and the rest still have a hole except now they look like they're filled with purple goo! Haha.

You won't see rainbow hair in the original Jak and Daxter, but that came up in Jak 3. Jak has rainbow hair.

But if they've been around for a long time and the community is already aware then this report isn't helpful I suppose. So nevermind it then.