Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a new pc for PCSX2 - graphics card question!
Hi all;

My first post! I read the sticky at the top, now if it's alright I'd like to ask for a tiny piece of advice. Here is the computer I'm about to order, but I HAVEN'T decided on the graphics card. Ideally, could this computer run, say, Tekken 5 at full speed, at PS2 NATIVE RES?

Specs:

Intel® Core™ i5-760 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)
4GB DDR3 1333 Memory
Nvidia GTS450 1GB Video Card OR Nvidia GTX460 1G Video Card

I know the 460 is the better card, but I'm very short on cash, and would rather go with the 450 - if it could handle games such as Tekken 5 at full speed at PS2's native resolution option in PCSX2.

ANY AND ALL advice would be very appreciated!
Ninja

Sponsored links

GTX460 is better than GTS450 but in exchange GTX460 is a power hungered TDP w/c cost a lot of power than GTS450
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
gts 450 is more then enough to handle ps2 games on double the resolution.
so you can play tekken 5 on higher res then on ps2 and no worries.

2 pieces of advice tho

1 oc that cpu it is made for it
2 dont cut down on your psu because you are short on cash the psu is one of the most important pieces of hardware of the pc so dopnt buy a sweex or something like that psu youl regret it on the longer run.
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
So just to be clear, the GTS 450 is ok for 60fps? That's good news, I would love to play my PS2 games at 60fps, especially ones like Tekken 5 Smile

And thanks for the advice about the psu warWeeny - appreciate it very much!
Ninja
If you're thinking only about PCSX2 I'd suggest a GTS 250 or GTX 260 instead, if you're also going for PC gaming then the GTX 260 would still be better than both but if your only choices are GTX 460 and GTS 450 then go for the GTX 460... GTS 450 is not that great for it's price.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hi;

Thank you. But I can only choose between a GTS450 or GTX460. I know the 460 is better, BUT if the 450 can do a good job on PCSX2, I'll buy that one. Still worth it in your opinion? I want to order tomorrow. Thank you so much all who have helped me! Smile
Ninja
(11-18-2010, 11:36 AM)Danzo Wrote: So just to be clear, the GTS 450 is ok for 60fps? That's good news, I would love to play my PS2 games at 60fps, especially ones like Tekken 5 Smile

And thanks for the advice about the psu warWeeny - appreciate it very much!

well it also depents on the games and clock speed of your cpu, you can have a powerfull gpu but if the cpu cant keep up you are still getting slowdowns.
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
No love for ATI? The HD 5750 or HD 5770 will both be faster than the GTS 450 (higher bandwidth) and can be had for around the same price.
Hi ilovejedd;

Unfortunately it's a prebuilt system, and I can only choose between the GTS450 or GTX460. I'm striving to build a decent but not spectacular rig, so if the GTS450 is good enough to run the more demanding games on PCSX2, I'll be more than happy.

So finally, unless I hear otherwise, is the GTS450 powerful enough for 60fps in Tekken 5 when paired with an i5-760 at native res? If so I'll order tomorrow!

Thanks SO MUCH to all who have helped/may still help!
Ninja
The GTS 450 is certainly fast enough for 60fps, however, the i5-760 isn't, at least not without some overclocking. Turbo Boost will get you close (especially with r1888) but you still need to OC some if you want a consistent 60fps without speedhacks.