Burnout 3 flicking
Video 
The game runs great at 3840x2160 but i cant get rid of the flickering. Ive messed around with HW hacks but the issue remains.

any ideas?

Sponsored links

could you show us your GSDX settings and list your hardware specs please?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-12-2017, 01:03 AM)refraction Wrote: could you show us your GSDX settings and list your hardware specs please?

[Image: d3lsXO0.png]
i5 4690k @ 4GHZ
8GB of ram
Please provide more details for your settings and pcsx2 version. I have tested this game using the latest version and earlier versions using your listed settings as well as opengl HW with various settings always to end up with a black sky and ghosting on the cars. But no flickering ever..... Maybe if you reveal what you are doing a fix can b figured out.
You do know how to fix the black sky issue right?
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
It's likely because you are using Partial CRC hacks. As it says that's OGL recommended. Leave it on full for D3D.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Nope, nor do i know how to fix the cars ghosting.  I assumed it was a regression or custom pcsx2 build or a setting im missing that was not shown by the OP.

Did some looking around and apparently its fixed by starting each race in software mode and switching back to hardware mode. Im not at home but will test it out while attempting to fix the OP's issue if successful.
Ok, for the black sky, you're fine to use OpenGL HW. Launch the game. Once it's loaded, press F9 to switch to software mode. Then load an event. Once the race starts, press F9 again to switch back to HW mode. Then the sky will look normal
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Just tested it and it works but i dont have the OPs issue either due to the pcsx2 build which i am running on the latest build or it might b due to the course and or vehicle the OP is using. Although partial CRC is working, setting CRC to full might fix it as Blyss suggested.

Win7 ultimate x64
I7-860
Gtx1060 3gb
8gb ddr3 1866
i will try full CRC thing

thanks for the replies