Burnout Revenge issues
Please post a screenshot of the issue. (as a side note, don't enable VU cycle stealing) because "vertical bars" are quite vague.

Try to increase latency.

Sponsored links

@willkuer: I certainly realize EE/VU speedhacks can break games, even though the "red letters" below the EE/VU hacks don't indicate hanging as an issue, unlike some of the other hacks I didn't turn on for that reason.  Regardless, that's why I said "Importantly" to make it clear that speedhacks may very well have caused the issue.  Anyway I will capture the logs for the next hanging event along with settings at the time of occurrence.  I assume you just need a copy/paste from the console logs with "Enable all" selected in "Sources"?

@gregory: here is a screen shot showing the "vertical bars".  Note that the vertical bars only occur in gsdx-hw, and I only turn on speedhacks in gsdx-sw.  This occurs on ANY "Full Depth Emulation" or "Automatic CRC level" setting.  When I set "skipdraw" to certain values, the bars disappear; however other unwanted visual issues occur instead, as expected.

Also, on the wiki article, someone writes: "Atleast in the latest SVNs the vertical lines was fixed (in 0.9.8 still have these lines)".  I noticed he's using DX11, so assuming he's talking about the same issue, is it possible the fix didn't make it to OGL?
IIRC, hardware depth did fix this red vertical line issue (maybe not ? ). previously there was an old hack skipping these depth effects (auto skip draw depth ? ) now since there is an alternative for effectively reproducing the depth effects, that option for skipping depth effects was removed.

setting skipdraw to 1 will probably mimic the older skip depth function. not sure though...

about the crash issue, you couldn't reproduce it with those two sliders set to default ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
It must work on gl. Set crc on dx mode. Disable all hack on PCSX2 side
And by the way generate me a gs dump (if it is still bad). Be sure to disable all hacks
@ssakash: perhaps hardware depth (I assume you mean "Full Depth Emulation") did fix the issue at one time, and perhaps it still does for DX, but not for OGL, unfortunately.  And again, skipdraw=1 doesn't really fix the issue either, sadly.

Regarding crashing (actually "hanging") under gsdx-sw, I'll have to try testing with default settings when time permits, just haven't done that yet for reasons above.

@gregory: setting CRC to full/dx mode (with all hacks off) has no effect - bars still there.  How can I generate a "dx dump" for you?
Quote:How can I generate a "dx dump" for you?

I guess you meant GS dump ? http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-cr...er-GS-dump

Quote: perhaps hardware depth (I assume you mean "Full Depth Emulation") did fix the issue at one time, and perhaps it still does for DX

It's exclusive to Opengl renderer.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
@ssakash thanks, and yeah I did mean "gs dump"...thanks for the link, that was very helpful.

@gregory: here is the gs dump as you requested.  Thanks for looking into it.
Ok. So it is complicated.

OpenGL is able to emulate a special effect but it requires a special configuration (and a future PPA). Rendering won't be as clean as Dx (but dx skips half of the rendering so it is easier).

Options:
* Full depth emulation
* Preload GS frame (hack section in future PPA).

As you can see on the screenshot. One light effect is badly emulated (band of the left). It is the best that I can offer to you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's fine, Gregory - thanks for the future fix/PPA. Too bad another per-game hack has to be added, but oh well. At least I know it's a real issue and not something on my end. :-)

One question - is the light band persistent throughout play or just at certain times?