Bus Error on load
Whenever I select "Execute" from the "Run" menu, PCSX2 crashes and all Terminal says is "Bus Error" and then "logout" and "[Process completed]." I don't even get a chance to select an ISO. I get the same error if I try to run a CD.

Edit:

If I enter the debug mode (using pcsx2svn), I can actually start doing things. I'm able to open an iso, to a point. Here is what Terminal shows from the point of opening the iso until the bus error occurs:

(this error occurs when I try to use pcsx2svn without starting X11 first)
** (<unknown>:42481): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: pcsxAbout.bmp
_openfile /Volumes/EadsFamily/My Games/PS2/Final Fantasy XII CE/Final Fantasy XII CE.ISO 0
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /Volumes/EadsFamily/My Games/PS2/Final Fantasy XII CE/Final Fantasy XII CE.ISO ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 1985600
type = 2
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.47 fps
gsInit [Multithreaded GS]
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
Assertion failed: (GSirq != NULL), function GSopen, file GSmain.cpp, line 603.
Abort trap
logout

[Process completed]

(this error occurs when I start pcsx2svn from within X11):
_openfile /Volumes/EadsFamily/My Games/PS2/Final Fantasy XII CE/Final Fantasy XI
I CE.ISO 0
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /Volumes/EadsFamily/My Games/PS2/Final Fantasy XII CE/Final Fantasy XII
CE.ISO ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 1985600
type = 2
ZeroGS: creating
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-rqom
qE/:0".
ZeroGS: Depth 24
ZeroGS: you have Direct Rendering!
ZeroGS: ******
ZeroGS: GS WARNING: Floating point render targets not supported, switching to 32
bit
ZeroGS: *********
ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZeroGS: Creating effects
ZeroGS: Creating extra effects
ZeroGS: using accurate shaders
ZeroGS: initialization successful
Bus error
bash-3.2$

Any ideas? Oh, if I don't start pcsx2svn from within X11, then the .bmp that shows in the GUI doesn't show, but it does if I start pcsx2svn from within X11. Don't know if that matters much at all. Thanks for the help.
gntlhnds

Sponsored links

Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this issue? I'm actually considering restoring my iMac to a state previous to when I started messing with this (since I am new to this kind of stuff) and starting over with the binary again.
I'm having the same problem, could we please get a response? All of the problems on this forum seem to be appended with "Fixed it myself" with no info on how.
Did you guys install the NVidia CG framework thingie and XQuartz? It won't work with just the normal X11.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I had more luck with the dev version of the ZeroGS plugin (rather than the debug version or GSsoft). You can find those somewhere on the other forums over at http://forum.quant0r.com/
Ooh, no, I completely disregarded the instructions. Tongue Seriously, why ask that?

Dev version of ZeroGS? *looks*
Somewhere on them there forums does not narrow it down well ¬.¬
I had installed both of them. I tried using each of the graphics plugins to no avail.
Mind linking me to this other one? Just because I like to try?
(03-23-2009, 01:27 AM)Prince_Kheldar Wrote: Ooh, no, I completely disregarded the instructions. Tongue Seriously, why ask that?

Dev version of ZeroGS? *looks*
Somewhere on them there forums does not narrow it down well ¬.¬

You would not believe some of the stuff people do, so it's always best to check Wink

I think this is the newer GS plugin: http://pcsx2-mac.quant0r.com/files/zerogs.gz
I get to be a serious noob now. Where do I put this, because I might as well stick it in my ear for all I know.
(03-23-2009, 02:37 AM)Prince_Kheldar Wrote: I get to be a serious noob now. Where do I put this, because I might as well stick it in my ear for all I know.

Just in applications/pcsx2/bin/plugins. Then reopen the emu and it should show up in the list.