Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buying a new PC
sorry if this is the wrong thing to post in just need your friendly advice,
ok i am looking to buy a new PC my budget is around £500 mark so far i have 3 options which do u think is the best..

Gaming Rig #1

Intel Version

AMD Version

so they are my options so far what do you think will be the best and why???
also if you know any good sites/places to get cheap rigs please post the link, Smile
thanks in advance Tongue Smile
[Image: NBanner_FFVIIAC_Cid_1.jpg]

Sponsored links

I would sugest Amd Phenom II X4 3.0Ghz. 4GB of DDR2 and graf.card MSI Radeon HD5770 Blackhawk. 1GB.

NOTE:NVIDIA GTS250 1GB isn't realy that strong gaming card.
(04-16-2010, 10:14 AM)Game Wrote: I would sugest Amd Phenom II X4 3.0Ghz. 4GB of DDR2 and graf.card MSI Radeon HD5770 Blackhawk. 1GB.

ok so you would go for the AMD any reasons why?
Moved to hardware discussion.
What will be the main usage of the PC? Do you want it to be more PCSX2 optimized or a general gaming PC?
I never recommend people buying pre-made PCs. They usually use cheap parts and most of the times are more expensive than building one yourself
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-16-2010, 10:16 AM)Bositman Wrote: Moved to hardware discussion.
What will be the main usage of the PC? Do you want it to be more PCSX2 optimized or a general gaming PC?
I never recommend people buying pre-made PCs. They usually use cheap parts and most of the times are more expensive than building one yourself

i was going to use it for nice gameplay with PCSX2 as i am learning coding so going to try coding some plugins for this emu (when i get the basis of it)
i was going to do it for gaming mainly aswell i did 2 yrs at college doing games development and media, so will be using software like Maya (this creates the models you see in all games on all platforms),
i would like to build the rig myself and have sourced many parts however the price to build these rigs and buy them there is only £30-£40 diffrence so it saves me hassle lol
Hmm Intel and AMD rigs are almost identical...I'd get the one which has a motherboard best suited for overclocking. I recommend making a search to see which of the Asus or Gigabyte motherboards are best suited for overclocking and get that build.
If you don't plan on overclocking, both rigs should perform about the same with most applications. PCSX2 will prefer the Intel one though.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yes they are pretty indentical.I am saying about grafic.card or gpu.MSI Radeon HD5770(IT SUPPORTS direct x 11)It is important to have good graphic card for PC and for PCSX 2 gaming.And I agree with bositman,You should find the best parts,not PC that is pre-made. Motherboard is also important.
(04-16-2010, 10:29 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hmm Intel and AMD rigs are almost identical...I'd get the one which has a motherboard best suited for overclocking. I recommend making a search to see which of the Asus or Gigabyte motherboards are best suited for overclocking and get that build.
If you don't plan on overclocking, both rigs should perform about the same with most applications. PCSX2 will prefer the Intel one though.

thanks mate i was thinking of the intel because it has better cooling however the AMD is better to overclock, (don't know how that works but anywho)

so thats 1 for the AMD and 1 for the Intel, whats up with the gaming rig its self??
(04-16-2010, 10:43 AM)Game Wrote: Yes they are pretty indentical.I am saying about grafic.card or gpu.MSI Radeon HD5770(IT SUPPORTS direct x 11)It is important to have good graphic card for PC and for PCSX 2 gaming.And I agree with bositman,You should find the best parts,not PC that is pre-made. Motherboard is also important.

ok with wot u and bosit man have said i have taken into consideration and come up with this..

Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card
1TB Seagate Extern.....
CIT ATX Gamer Case
QUAD CORE AM3 Athlon2 X4 Board Bundle with 2GB DDR2 Memory
2GB Vitesta DDR2 800MHz PC6400 Dual Kit
What do you think?
(04-16-2010, 10:50 AM)Stockin Wrote: 1TB Seagate Extern.....

...'external'?
I really hope that's a typo or hastily-made copypasting.

In any case, you might consider looking for some Biostar and/or ASRock motherboard reviews; these are the 'cheap' alternatives that can still kick some of ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte's arse.
Well, ASRock is still a sub-division of ASUS, anyway.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz (OC@2.8GHz)
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.