CD-ROM Problem
Here are my system specs - Quad Q6600 OCed to 2.62 ghz, 4 gb ram, 8800 GTS 512 mb Video Card. My DVD Drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D model number.

Anyways, this is my problem. I have set up PCSX2 with Guitar Hero 2 in the CD-ROM. It seems to run beautifully with all of the quality settings up with the exception of one major problem - While it is loading the menus or the intro video, the frame rate drops down to under 5 FPS, but when the CD-ROM finishes reading, I get 60+ FPS consistently. IE - if I am just moving the arrows up and down it is smooth as silk (Audio and Video) but when selecting anything both audio and video go extremely slow. The second I select or load something, I get this delay again.

To me, it seems to be a problem with the emulator loading the game from the CD - not the emulation itself. Also, The emulator says the CD-ROM is reading at 4X blocks. The plugin I am using is P.E.Op.S CDVD (CDDVA Mod). When I use the LinuzAppz Plugin, it loads for a long time and nothing shows on the emulation screen.

Another question. Between the plugins does the P.E.Op.S one read on the fly and does the LinuzAppz plugin decompress the files to the hard drive? Have I got this right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

Convert your game to ISO and play your game with plugin linuzcdvd or mount your ISO with daemon tool and play with plugin gigaherztCDVD or CDVD 1.0 plugin from gabest on there.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(02-17-2009, 07:26 AM)kebas239 Wrote: Another question. Between the plugins does the P.E.Op.S one read on the fly and does the LinuzAppz plugin decompress the files to the hard drive? Have I got this right?
no, you have to dump your disc to your hard drive to be able to use it with linuzappz.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja