CDVD Reading Error
I run the boot cdvd full and it runs until it gets to the playstation logo, then freezes. The log in the background reads CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x00164844 ....
Help?
And I'm also extremely new to this and I really don't understand much of it.

I'm on a Windows 7 and I'm not sure how to check for the other info of my computer, other than it's an HP laptop.

Sponsored links

If you're trying to run the game from the original disc try making an ISO of it with an app like ImgBurn then running that instead. Would also help if you told us your PCSX2 settings, plugin settings, game you're trying to run, etc.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
pcsx2 settings:
System -> enable patches
CDVD -> iso
Config -> emulation settings
-EmotionEngine&IOP -> Recompiler
-Chop/Zero, Normal, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero
-VUs -> microVU Recompiler (for both)
-Chop/Zero, Normal, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero
-GS -> all default except FPS which is 70 for both
-GS window -> all default except 16:9 aspect ratio
-Speedhacks -> enable speedhacks
-EE Cyclerate is 2, enable INTC spin detection, mvU flag hack
-Game Fixes -> enable game fixes
-FFX videos fixes, EE timing hack, OPH flag hack

Game -> Haunting Ground

I already have the .ISO

I'm not sure if this information is what you wanted.
Since you have "Iso" selected, make sure the image is not mounted on plugin or virtual driver. Since you didn't specified the actual CDVD plugin I guess you selected it from the "Iso selector" already.

push down the EE hack to 1

But above all DO NOT change the NTSC and PAL defaults (good thing these options are grayed out in SVN now)... it does nothing to enhance the FPS but can break badly the emulator's timings.

To be on the sure side, don't install games under C:\Program Files (not even PC games), if the emulator is installed there, uninstall it and install somewhere else, like C:\PCSX2 ... actually any folder you create yourself, does not matter if C: or another partition/disc... just avoid Windows "protected folders"
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-17-2011, 09:59 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Since you have "Iso" selected, make sure the image is not mounted on plugin or virtual driver. Since you didn't specified the actual CDVD plugin I guess you selected it from the "Iso selector" already.

push down the EE hack to 1

But above all DO NOT change the NTSC and PAL defaults (good thing these options are grayed out in SVN now)... it does nothing to enhance the FPS but can break badly the emulator's timings.

To be on the sure side, don't install games under C:\Program Files (not even PC games), if the emulator is installed there, uninstall it and install somewhere else, like C:\PCSX2 ... actually any folder you create yourself, does not matter if C: or another partition/disc... just avoid Windows "protected folders"

I did all of that. I even turned off the game fixes, making it look pretty bad, and it still stops. It gets to the Playstation 2 logo, then it jumps to the bottom of the screen, cutting half of it off, then freezes and gives me the CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x00164844.
Is anyone able to help??
Might be just an unreadable sector, try remaking the ISO image, do not set the option to skip or ignore error or it may render ISOs which are unplayable ahead.
Imagination is where we are truly real
if your game disc converted to ISO via ImgBurn and IF it's still not working then.
better show us your game disk take a picture of the back of your game disc to have a look if there is a scratches or likely some small poka-like dots that caused from exposed heat leading to unreadable sector.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel