CDVD plugin failed to open.
Hello guys,

i registraded myself on this site cauz i have a problem :/
I have version 0.9.7.3113
When ever i want to start an error pops up.

"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient ressources, or incompatible hardware/drivers."

anyone know what i have to do ?

Sponsored links

(07-03-2010, 10:42 AM)Bellcio Wrote: Hello guys,

"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient ressources, or incompatible hardware/drivers."

Probably you are mounting the ISO image (BTW, actually mounting the Disc, virtual or otherwise) in it and trying to run as ISO instead plugin. That is the main cause of that message you got.

Anyway it's indeed better running directly the ISO, to do so you should grant the disc is not mounted anywhere (not even in the CDVD plugin)...
Go to the Browser under the CDVD tab in the GUI and navigate to the actual file and select it. Once it's done make sure the ISO (not plugin or no disc) is marked at the same CDVD tab...

Now that the iso is selected just go under system and click "Boot CDVD"...
normally the "fast" option is enough (that bypass the Sony bios screen).
Imagination is where we are truly real
I have the exact same issue. The first time I booted an ISO, it all ran smooth. But after I closed and reopened PCSX2, the "CDVD plugin fails..." box appears.

No matter what I try, nothing will do. Once it worked after I restarted the PC, but that's it.

It's a shame cause otherwise this new version works like a charm. Kudos to the team.
That one could have been that the pcsx2.exe process wasn't closed correctly so it was still using the ISO. It's different to the problem described by Bellcio.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-03-2010, 10:42 AM)Bellcio Wrote: Hello guys,

What plugin do you use?
(07-11-2010, 10:39 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That one could have been that the pcsx2.exe process wasn't closed correctly so it was still using the ISO. It's different to the problem described by Bellcio.

I'm thinking of something like that, but I can't nail it down. I've managed to make it work again, but it seems so random... I tried restarting the PC when I faced the issue a second time, didn't work, but later it worked. The hell?

I'm booting the ISO correctly, that's for sure. But what triggers the "CDVD plugin failure" box and what resets it back to function is still a mystery. Really annoying... Anyway, it's the beta, right? I can take it, the most important is that games are running so much better, at least on my PC. I hope the final release doesn't take too long.
The emulator does not like seeing the game from more than one source at once. If using ISO (I mean it is the ticked one) nothing should be mounted elsewhere, not a disk in a physical device, not an image on the plugin neither an image mounted in daemon etc.

Unless running from the original DVD one can ever use the CDVDnul plugin and things works yet.
(07-03-2010, 12:06 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Anyway it's indeed better running directly the ISO, to do so you should grant the disc is not mounted anywhere (not even in the CDVD plugin)...

What do you mean by that? Where do I unmount the ISO files from the plugin?

Cause my ISO images are not mounted on Daemon or anything else, I have ISO selected under the CDVD tab, and no matter what ISO I try to boot (with full or fast boot), I get the error box.

I don't know what else could be wrong.
You havent got some sort of anti virus which is hogging the file are you? sometimes they tend to lock out the file while its reading, the plugin is unlikely to wait, so it could be dying then.

If you have, try excluding your folder with the iso's in and see if it helps.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

One possible cause is using Linus ISO CDVD and having it pointing to the ISO.

Again, to use the ISO option (instead plugin) the selection is done going: CDVD menu --> Iso Selector --> Browse

Once you selected the ISO this way you go to System menu and "Boot CDVD"

Good Luck.

Just to let it clear enough, if the iso is selected on the CDVD plugin (or it points to a mounted image), it means "plugin" must be used instead the builtin ISO loader.