Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPU Core Dedication?
Is there any way to dedicate two CPU cores to PCSX2 and dedicate the other two cores to Fraps?

When I'm recording, Fraps starts to use a core that PCSX2 is using and drops the FPS down to about 30.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz

Sponsored links

like this...

No....
There's something more sinister at work here, I suspect. I personally haven't tried to use fraps recording with PCSX2, but my hunch is that something in the way GSdx does its DirextX updates / page flips interferes with fraps' ability to work efficiently in parallel.

A wild guess, but changing your Aero setting may also help (if its disabled, try enabling it, or vice versa). Aero changes a lot of how DirectX 'presents' frames internally, it could either help or hinder fraps' parallel operation, depending on how fraps is coded.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-18-2010, 04:04 AM)patrickdinh Wrote: like this...

I set PCSX2 for CPU 0 and CPU 1. Then I put Fraps to CPU 2 and CPU 3. I tried recording Final Fantasy XII and it worked fine at the start, but right when I changed areas and went to the Dalmasca Estersand, the FPS almost instantly dropped to 30 FPS.

It seems Fraps is using a core that is dedicated to PCSX2. I guess I'll try messing around with the affinities some more.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
pcsx2 only uses 3 cores on for ee and one for gs and one for ui then if you have more than 3 cores it wont uses them even if it dedicate thim i only have 2 cores so i see ui always 0-1 %
pcsx2 only uses 2 cores actually.
[Image: 1454055.png]
then what in the hell is ui core and why it only on 0.97
It's true since 0.9.7 PCSX2 actually has 3 threads, but the GUI thread produces so little load it almost doesn't count. It was mainly added for extra responsiveness when EE and GS threads would hammer your CPU making the GUI almost unresponsive.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
first thanks for the fast replay second thanks for info