Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPU Recommendation
Hi everyone, I was thinking on buying a new CPU soon, but I can't decide which one to buy Tongue. So If anyone's got a recommendation I would be grateful Smile.

My motherboard (as show downTongue) is Intel P35 (if you need more data, ask away)

And my budget is 180 euro or about 247 $. Tongue. Ofc, if I need to add up to 40 - 50 $ it's not a problem.

Oh, since I'm Intel fan, let's say it's gotta be from their family Smile. Thank you!

Sponsored links

intel i5-750
Uh, are you sure my motherboard can support I-5 cores technology, it's 4 cores on that one, and I could be mistaken but I think Intel P35 only supports Core 2 Duo technology. Thanks for reply Laugh
Realize that you also need new ddr3 ram if you go i5.
Get a phenom II 955 and an AM3/AM2+ mobo so you can use your old ddr2 ram.
[Image: 1454055.png]
I didn't think of getting anything from i-cores technology, or anything Quad Core for that matter Tongue. I was thinking getting something from the Intel Core 2 Duo from E7600 to E8---, but I don't know which one to get that's let's say 180 or 200 $ and to achieve a good preformance.
You can get an E8500 3.16 GHz for around $200. You can also overclock it if 3.16 isn't enough. Dual cores can be pushed pretty far.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Modern quadcores can be pushed equally far.
3.8~4Ghz is pretty much the norm nowadays.
Recommending dual cores these days is a big no especially if his budget allows a quadcore.
I take it his computer isn't just for pcsx2.
For a Quadcore you go better for the i3-5-7 procesor, they are way better, mine overclock on air (stock cooler) until 4.0Ghz with no problems at all
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(10-04-2010, 04:32 AM)Butz_san Wrote: For a Quadcore you go better for the i3-5-7 procesor, they are way better, mine overclock on air (stock cooler) until 4.0Ghz with no problems at all

i3 is not a quadcore.
i5/i7 will require him to get a new cpu,mobo and ram wich is twice his budget.
E8400@3,00 Ghz