CPU cache
Hey guys
How much impact does the CPU cache have on performance in pcsx2? For example my E5200 has 2mb of cache, will there be any difference compared to a...say Q6600 when running with same config at same cpu clock? (3ghz)
Thanks. Smile

Sponsored links

Firt of all PCSX2 just uses 2 Cores so a Quad Core with 4 Cores would run pcsx2 with just 2 cores. The CPU Clock is the most important and you should have a dual or quad core. So the Cache dont take much effect in PCSX2
[Image: 26293342.gif]
For speed on pcsx2 all you need is a dual core cpu with speed more than or equal to 3GHz. But I'd say more is better. 4GHZ will be the best.
Yep, raw cpu clockspeed far outweighs the benefits of cache on a c2d.
So get whatever chip you can overclock nicely (I recommend an E8400 atm Tongue2 ).
wouldn't a Quad Core be better investment (if someone intends to upgrade) for the future? Isn't the goal making PCSX2 threadable? And I wondered how much of a big improvement would be to use 3 threads in GSDXs software mode than one? Cheers Smile
gsds 10 0.1.14 use 4 cores ^^
but i think it would be awesome if pcsx2 would support 4 cores/threads
nowerdays a core2duo with high ghz i a good investment
of course for the future a Intel Core i7 would be nice but expensive Tongue
[Image: 26293342.gif]
I wish mobile C2Ds would get cheaper. My 2.26GHz CPU is killing me, even at a 2.6GHz overclock I rely on moderate speedhacks to make most stuff work decently.
(03-03-2009, 10:19 PM)xCrashdayx Wrote: gsds 10 0.1.14 use 4 cores ^^
but i think it would be awesome if pcsx2 would support 4 cores/threads
nowerdays a core2duo with high ghz i a good investment
of course for the future a Intel Core i7 would be nice but expensive Tongue

GSdx sse4 version just used the instructions and not the cores, only in software mode it will do so.
yeah well i'm talking about the software mode, since hardware is way too glitchy for me Wink
Ok thank you for your replys. Smile