CPU extensions not properly detected
# Pcsx2 version: pcsx2-beta-872
# cpu options : EERec on, VU0 and VU1 on, MTGS on, Limit on.
# Plugins used: GSdx SSE2 0.1.14, SPU2 1.1.0, Lilypad 0.9.9, Gigaherz's CDVD 0.7.0
# Description: On startup PCSX2 properly detects MMX, SSE, SSE2, and SSE3.
It does not detect SSSE3 or SSE41. My current processor is a Phenom 9600 Black Edition, which according to AMD's site supports SSSE3 and SSE4.1. I have verified this with cpu-z (on the assumptions that cpu-z is reliable), and it reports those features on the chip.

Attached is a screenshot of the pcsx2 output on startup, correctly detecting the processor, and incorrectly detecting the cpu extensions.

If I have somehow made a mistake, please let me know. I've tried everything I can think of, and have come to the conclusion that it is simply a software issue.

If anything additional is needed, do let me know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

SSSE3 is Intel only. SSSE3 is NOT SSE3. AMD processors also do not support SSE4.1 completely, only some of the instructions and it is known as SSE4a or whatever.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
No, those features are not supported with your cpu.

Edit\ owned by a few seconds. Duh.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
SSSE3 is Intel ONLY, as is sse4.1, so it's a false positive on cpu-z
Thank you for the replies.