CPU over GPU for PCSX2
Hi, well surfing through overlock.net i read an article on CPU's bottlenecking the power of GPUs unless higher grade or overclocked if it's under a certian resolution.

And i thought i'd bring this up here, i know PCSX2 is more CPU dependent then GPU, but most the screenshots and examples i've seen are at 1024 x 768 which is below the 1440x900 i read about when it starts bottlenecking the GPU and requiring more CPU to play games on PC. but thats PC

So just something i'd like to clarify and might want to post, is would a res higher then 1440x900 speed it up if you had a good enough videocard?

Or am i just mistaking how the PS2 emulator works different from PC games?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

You are never going to speed up by going to a higher res. However with a good videocard you won't take a hit or if you do thake one you won't take as much of a one from running at native.
(04-21-2009, 06:55 AM)dralor Wrote: You are never going to speed up by going to a higher res. However with a good videocard you won't take a hit or if you do thake one you won't take as much of a one from running at native.

Ah alright, well was just a thought, Dang haha
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
For starters, don't pay attention to what happens on Overclock.net. It's full of noobs.

For PCSX2, the first priority is a fast CPU. In most cases, a faster CPU will make a much bigger difference than a faster video card. Once you have a fast CPU, you can consider using a fast video card to run higher image quality settings. The issue of CPU/GPU bottlenecking for PCSX2 is not the same as regular games.
E8400 @ 4.1 GHz
Asus P5K-E
4 GB G.Skill DDR2-1000
Radeon 4850 @ 700/1100
Vista Ultimate x64