The only games I've played on PCSX2 are:
ICO [MULTI]
Shadow of the Colossus [NTSC]
Final Fantasy X [PAL]
Final Fantasy XII [PAL]
Kingdom Hearts [PAL]
Kingdom Hearts 2 [PAL]

All of those gave the crazy usage.
I've just gone into Add or Remove Programs to see if there's anything CPU related installed in there and the only thing I see is "AMD Processor Driver". I'm gonna look into if there's a newer or better version of that and reinstall it, see if that fixes it.

*EDIT*
Looks like you've solved it Refraction! Installed and fixed, thanks for the help everyone!
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB

Sponsored links

This is simply an issue with the rdtsc instruction, which GSdx uses to measure cpu usage, and which AMD multi-core CPUs do not reliably support. Simple as that.

The solution is for GSdx to use QueryPerformanceCounter instead of rdtsc, which returns thread-safe results even on AMDs and dual-chip systems.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
This also happens with Intel Processors (at least for me, the T9500 Pernyn Model). Prior to my clean install of windows I had never encountered weird CPU usage readings, so I thought I had forgotten to install a system file. Later on I found out that Windows Update doesn't automatically install this for you (since not all computers run on multiple processors), so heres the file for those who need it:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en