CSO compressing
Is the PSP ISO compression tool valid for making .cso files for PCSX2 1.40?  I'm guessing the PSP .cso's are the same type of file, but wanted to make sure before I convert a bunch of ISO's for PCSX2.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored links

I tried it before with few games and it works fine(I used my gui for csio)
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
(02-02-2016, 01:41 PM)vsub Wrote: I tried it before with few games and it works fine(I used my gui for csio)
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384

Cool... thank you.  I will try that out.  I'm guessing set it to 9 for max compression then drag and drop?  Is 9 recommended?

Thanks again.
It doesn't matter when you will choose a compression mode.
The compressing is started when you click on the Compress button and yes 9 is maximum compression but I can't tell you which mode is recommended
Thanks, just tried it out... seems to work perfectly.  I used level 9 compression and got about 10% back.  I tried both iso and cso files in the emulator and as far as I can see the cso runs just like the iso.

Thanks again.

*edit* It does seem to crash, though, if you load a large number of files in the queue.
(02-02-2016, 03:37 PM)Drybonz Wrote: *edit*  It does seem to crash, though, if you load a large number of files in the queue.

The gui or the csio(the cmd window).
And by "large number",how much to you mean.

I guess I didn't make the button "compress" to be enabled only when the drag-dropping process is done.
Try again and press the compress button when you are sure the gui is done adding images(moving the slider to the bottom is a good way to check)
(02-02-2016, 03:51 PM)vsub Wrote: The gui or the csio(the cmd window).
And by "large number",how much to you mean.

I guess I didn't make the button "compress" to be enabled only when the drag-dropping process is done.
Try again and press the compress button when you are sure the gui is done adding images(moving the slider to the bottom is a good way to check)

I loaded 100 files in and it crashed... I'll try again.

*edit* Hmm... I just tried 5 files and it also crashed.

*edit* Now it crashes even if I only load one file. I guess I broke something. o_O
Strange,I just tried with over 300 files and it didn't crash.
Do you get some kind of error dialog?

Edit:The program don't keep settings
ciso.exe has stopped working   A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I'm on Win 8.1 64 if that makes any difference.
Well I just made the gui,not the compressing program.
1.What happens when you try to run the csio directly(just run the exe)
2.Where did you choose to save the compressed images
3.Does the image(ISO)you try to compress work on pcsx2
4.Try running it as administrator
5.On which game it crashes(maybe I have it)