Call of Duty Big Red One Issues
Hi, new guy to the forums here.

So I wanted to play Big Red One again but unlike Finest Hour the game won't run properly, now I don't know a hell of a lot about emulators but I know I gotta run this game after pressing f9 or else it just doesn't work.
Problem is, the only thing that works well is the main menu, when starting the game it runs at 25fps or less and at a very low resolution, even though I set it to 1920x1080.
What do I need to do to fix it?

GeForce GTA 660ti, 8gb RAM, shouldn't be a problem.

If you need to know anything else please ask me!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-20-2017, 04:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Specs: 660ti, 8GM RAM Windows 10, CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

Emulator version 1.4.0
I play them from ISO
Non-default settings, eh, speedhack set to 3, that's all I really remember.
AFAIK, this game requires a good CPU, but yours is clearly under par (STR below 1200).
make sure you enable all recommended speedhacks, and set ee cycle rate to 1 or 2. vu cycle stealing to 1 may help too.
Then pray. It's highly possible you won't reach more than 40 fps since your CPU will be your bottleneck.

Playing it on your PS2 for now is probably your best bet, I'm affraid Sad
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Really? I thought it was good enough, I run modern PC games pretty well, but I understand that emulators are a bit different.
Anyways, I'll just do that instead - thanks for the good info man, Soap out.
Ok, I'm coming back to this because I forgot to use my keyboard screen and did it now, when running the game it only shows 40%CPU load and about 30% RAM, are you really sure it's my CPU bottlenecking it?? Please respond.
40% is correct, that will be using 3 cores to the maximum (remember you have 4 cores and 8 threads, it is a % of all of them, so 100 / 8 = 12.5% per core, 3 full used cores is 37.5%, so you're doing well) which is normal for PCSX2.

Your best bet is to get a decent cooler on that cpu and overclock it. I had mine running at 3.4Ghz mostly when I had one but then I did jack it up to 3.8Ghz and it was pretty good, just make sure you have a good cooler on it, but that will then be plenty for PCSX2 Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

yeah thats definatly CPU bound 2.67ghz isnt fast enough especially for a game like this there is so much code and calculations you CPU has to do in the emulator it needs good CPU clock speed performance you can try speedhacks have you tried the latest 1.5.0 dev build?
Oh cool, thanks for the info guys, good that I know that.