Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Hi,

I have a problem with low fps in CoD: FH. I'v done some searching, but could not find any solutions yet. I also hope this is the right spot to post this, as I am new to the forums and kindof new to to the emulator.

I've been trying to run Call of Duty: Finest Hour over PCSX2 0.9.7.
I didn't want to run the game in beta first, but in 0.9.6. the game kept freezing at first loading screen. In the beta, it got me past everything, up to campaign intro, with normal speed(around 50-70 fps).

Then, when the actual gameplay starts, fps just drop to 13. I've checked the resource usage and it shows that PCSX2 doesn't even use half of cpu and 300 mb of ram.
I know that emulators are extremely resource hungry and that it depends on the game how resource hungry, but I didn't know that it would get this bad.
My specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.93 Ghz
GeForce 7800 GS
1 GB of RAM
Win XP

My guess is that I maybe don't have enough videocard memory.
Perhaps it has everything to do with the config of the emu? I had everything on standard at first run and had minimum of other programs running.

Basically, what can be reconfigured to get more fps? What is the best config? If a config matters much in this case, that is.

Sponsored links

Your videocard is really weak as you said. Have you tried to turn on some speed hacks?
People only know what you have told them.
Set the resolution to native, if that's already the case try 480x320, if that's still too slow try 256x256 and enjoy playing Cod:FH like a gameboy game Tongue Laugh
<REDACTED>
Yeah, I kind of boosted fps with speedhacks, then the sound lag with some audio pugin settings. I'm getting around 40 fps now, though it feels more like 20, tbh.
And some settings were "not recommended", so i guess the stability of the emulator in the future is a question.