Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
and zh_SG is also Simplified Chinese and zh_HK/zh_MO are also Traditional Chinese which might be duplicate too...

it might be better be (if it has to be separate for each region):

Chinese (PRC) zh_CN
Chinese (Taiwan) zh_TW
Chinese (Hong Kong) zh_HK
Chinese (Macao) zh_MO
Chinese (Singapore) zh_SG

or just:

Chinese (Simplified) zh_CN
Chinese (Traditional) zh_TW

Sponsored links

No need to suscribe as for the guides this time : people simply have to translate and submit ?

@Mudder : I do the same as rama for technical terms. I left not all, but many of them in english.
I do think it may have a little bit to do with job influence (I am a developper and rama works on PCSX2 dev), but I can't help but think that technical terms sound better in english, which most of the time is more concise than french.
Besides, I don't know about german, but most officials "french-isations" of technical words are ridiculous. For instance, "CD-ROM" is officially supposed to be written "cédérom", which destroys the original meaning for no reason. But I digress ^^

post edit : okay then, I will start translating soon Smile
Haha, yea, that happens when you try to "save the language" from Anglicization.
People seem to forget that adaption is a normal process.
Globalization has just sped it up considerably.

Oh and yea, you can start translating right away!
We may change some internals yet and there could be new strings as well
but people can always add to the existing work then.
Yes, I recalled the Chinese translation of 0.9.6 divided into Chinese (Simplified) and Chinese (Traditional), 0.9.7 ought to naturally follow it.

The current Chinese Language Code from http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Supp...t#B_thru_D:
Quote:Chinese zh_TW
Chinese (Simplified) zh_CN
Chinese (Hongkong) zh_HK
Chinese (Macau) zh_MO
Chinese (Taiwan) zh_TW

Conclusions

Chinese (Simplified) zh_CN includes:
Quote:Chinese (Simplified) zh_CN

Chinese (Traditional) zh_TW includes:
Quote:Chinese zh_TW
Chinese (Hongkong) zh_HK
Chinese (Macau) zh_MO
Chinese (Taiwan) zh_TW
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
Tip for Newline

You can manually add the character of Newline "\n" without quotes in your translation, to help improve readability if translated sentences is too wide to read, or the line break is not in the right place in your translation from pcsx2_Iconized.pot and pcsx2_Tertiary.pot.
durable PC since 2008
just a note: translating pcsx2_Iconized.pot and pcsx2_Tertiary.pot is a little "tiresome" compared to "usual" gnu gettext translations... also in this way if some strings are changed (especially eg. format change) in future it would not be very easy to find out with msgmerge in the "usual" way.

and it's an error if msgid does not end with \n while msgstr does (or vice versa).
I feel stupid to ask this, but, just to be sure : is the Language/Translation Templates for 0.9.7.(r4066) supposed to be used to make/test translations on the latest available binaries, that is to say, PCSX2 0.9.7.(r3878) Binaries for Windows ?

Or is it better to compile r4066 and test with that ?
^ use latest rev. for testing.
(12-07-2010, 04:29 AM)Whistler Wrote: just a note: translating pcsx2_Iconized.pot and pcsx2_Tertiary.pot is a little "tiresome" compared to "usual" gnu gettext translations... also in this way if some strings are changed (especially eg. format change) in future it would not be very easy to find out with msgmerge in the "usual" way.

and it's an error if msgid does not end with \n while msgstr does (or vice versa).

That error can be ignored, it does store \n at the end of translation, you can find it if open the PO file with Notepad.

Well, I don't think a \n at the end of a translation is required, since the space below translation and original English text is almost identical. I just tested the space between the top description in Speedhacks Panel and the adjacent horizontal line below, where you can preview the effect of \n:
pcsx2_Iconized.pot Wrote:!PanelWackopeedhacksOhmyverview

(12-07-2010, 05:05 AM)Keade Wrote: I feel stupid to ask this, but, just to be sure : is the Language/Translation Templates for 0.9.7.(r4066) supposed to be used to make/test translations on the latest available binaries, that is to say, PCSX2 0.9.7.(r3878) Binaries for Windows ?

Or is it better to compile r4066 and test with that ?

I use the latest revision for testing translation, but keep the source of r4066, to refer to the source code in Poedit.

As I said earlier in this thread, 0.9.7 3878 is not supported.
(12-04-2010, 09:24 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: I tested The GUI Translation is not available for 0.9.7 3878 which is used in the Guide v0.9.7.
At least available on 0.9.7 4066 corresponds to the version of POT files.
durable PC since 2008
EDIT: Visit here for the latest translation from now on.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=920

GUI Translation in Chinese (Traditional) zh_TW
(Main PO Only)

Recent revisions of 0.9.7 can recognize zh_TW with only the pcsx2_Main.mo translated from the main POT.

File and folder structure
Code:
Pcsx2 0.9.7's main directory\Langs\zh_TW\pcsx2_Main.mo

I was imagining/predicting the main PO file would help the Team debug the GUI Translation System, thus upload it as soon as finish translating it.

I'll submit the translation for the other two POTs in a few days, then formally announce my translation at the Issues department of Pcsx2's Googlecode.
durable PC since 2008