Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
(12-10-2010, 11:01 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: The 2nd option Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) should be Chinese (Traditional).
Can't fix that. wxWidgets can't detect sub-language / dialect, so its best guess is always just "Traditional." When you select system default, wx will tell Windows to use whatever configured sub-dialect, in your case Taiwan. But I can't assume Taiwan sub-dialect without doing Win32 specific coding that I'm not interested in doing. Closedeyes

I could change it to say (Traditional, Default) or something, instead of just (Traditional). That's the best I can do though.

I will fix the logging so that the more specific (Traditional) / (Traditional, Taiwan) descriptors are used. Thanks.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

(12-10-2010, 06:14 PM)Air Wrote: When you select system default, wx will tell Windows to use whatever configured sub-dialect, in your case Taiwan. But I can't assume Taiwan sub-dialect without doing Win32 specific coding that I'm not interested in doing. Closedeyes

If I guess correctly, you just directly calling the existing definition from the Microsoft table in my screenshot, from pcsx2 source code. That's why you indicate change Taiwan to Traditional requires Win32 OS Programming.

If so, My aplogies you misinterpreted the Microsoft table in my screenshot, I didn't give it more explanation then. Sad

I was presuming you got what my intention is: Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan), Chinese (Traditional, Hongkong), and Chinese (Traditional, Macao), the triples should be normalized to one Chinese (Traditional),

I am not desiring that you invoke them from pcsx2 source code.
[Image: Windows_7_Lists_Chinese_Simplified_and_Traditional.png]

(12-10-2010, 06:14 PM)Air Wrote:
pcsx2fan Wrote: The 2nd option Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) should be Chinese (Traditional).

Can't fix that. wxWidgets can't detect sub-language / dialect, so its best guess is always just "Traditional."

Wait a moment! Yes it should be always saying "Traditional" to which normalize Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan), Chinese (Traditional, Hongkong), and Chinese (Traditional, Macao), to avoid showing and using sub-language / dialect when select a language, therefore, it's not a problem wxWidgets can't detect sub-language / dialect. Smile

You managed to do it already in r4079, where the 2nd option is Chinese (Traditional).
r4079-multi-language-prototype.png
[Image: r4079-multi-language-prototype.png]
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
My final solution was remove the label for System Default. I'm going to leave it up to the user to know what their operating system default language is. Happy

(and for 90% of users, the system default should be fine anyway)

So yea, I think my last commit should clear everything up. It also lets you change the language on the fly in the wizard. I'll be adding language changing options to the main GUI shortly.
Just another solution to be considered.

I saw you committed the changes into r4082 hours ago, I wish I could reply my above post earlier, Unfortunately the distance of Timezone between us is almost 10 hours.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4082 Wrote:Startup/wizard now uses default operating system language when possible.

The similar disadvantage to Chinese language when utilizing the intrinsic Microsoft table, is various patterns of English, such as English (US), English (UK), English (New Zealand), English (India), etc. Not to mention various Spanish sub-languages within Microsoft table.

You may forget the Microsoft table, and regress to Wx that you managed to hack/customize.

Anyways, I regret introducing you the Microsoft table. Ninja However, I could see exploiting an existing Microsoft table is saving your time to hack Wx.

I think I'll see what I can test for Chinese (Traditional) with r4082.
durable PC since 2008
In r4082, the command line help display for Traditional Chinese.

The line which includes "-h, --help" moved right as a whole.
[Image: r4080-window-of-command-line-options.png]

The arrangement for "--gamefix="(see screenshot above) is not as tidy as in English.
And the items listed for each name of gamefixes, don't exactly match between in English and in Traditional Chinese.
[Image: r4080-window-of-command-line-options_gam...nglish.png]
durable PC since 2008
(12-11-2010, 10:09 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: In r4082, the command line help display for Traditional Chinese.
Fixed.

I can't easily fix the other problems. Windows rich textbox is a weird thing that automatically changes its base font to accommodate chinese, but it doesn't change back when non-chinese is being printed. I have the same problem in the console window.

For the console window, the regular font gets reset every time a color changes (which happens a lot). In my command line help dialog there are no color changes. So I'd have to make it "think" there are color/font changes on every line to fix the formatting issues. I tend to blame Microsoft on this one. The docs on the rich text control are not very clear, and the dumb thing should be able to change back to the standard font I selected on its own, instead of getting stuck.
In r4082, I also added zh_CN for testing purpose this time.

zh_CN displays properly as Chinese (Simplified) when select a language.
[Image: r4082_zh_CN_along_with_zh_TW.png]
(It also seemed odd displaying Chinese (Simplified) along with Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) in a multi-language software.)

I was assuming you mapped each canonical name inside Langs folder, onto Microsoft table. But I realized I was wrong lately. zh_CN reflects Chinese (Simplified) in SupportedLanguagesChart when select a language, instead of Chinese (Simplified, PRC) or Chinese (Simplified, Singapore) from Microsoft table.

zh_CN has similar situation here as zh_TW, where two sub-languages in Simplified Chinese and three sub-languages in Traditional Chinese.
[Image: Windows_7_Lists_Chinese_Simplified_and_Traditional.png]

Thus I can speculate you only map zh_TW onto Microsoft table, leaving other canonical name inside Langs folder alone. this indicates it is possible to change zh_TW back to reflect Chinese (Traditional) in SupportedLanguagesChart.

Please change Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) to Chinese (Traditional).
durable PC since 2008
(12-12-2010, 12:14 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: Please change Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) to Chinese (Traditional).

I fixed it on my own, tested with r4082 and r4088.
[Image: r4088m-fixed-chinese-traditional-on-my-own.png]

I was anxious about it and gave it a shot on my way. Tongue

I'm not a programmer simply searched the raw string "taiwan)" without quotes in the source code. the only existence of "Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)" without quotes is in trunk/pcsx2/gui/i18n.cpp. Simply change it to Chinese (Traditional), and then build pcsx2 from source code.

http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pc...i/i18n.cpp Wrote:switch (info->Language)
{
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE: return L"Chinese (Traditional)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_TRADITIONAL: return L"Chinese (Traditional)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_TAIWAN: return L"Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_HONGKONG: return L"Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_MACAU: return L"Chinese (Traditional, Macau)";
}

Chang the red text to:
Quote:switch (info->Language)
{
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE: return L"Chinese (Traditional)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_TRADITIONAL: return L"Chinese (Traditional)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_TAIWAN: return L"Chinese (Traditional)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_HONGKONG: return L"Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong)";
case wxLANGUAGE_CHINESE_MACAU: return L"Chinese (Traditional, Macau)";
}

Please merge this fix to the trunk.
durable PC since 2008
A new issue after advanced from r4082 to r4088, when OS Default Language is Chinese (Hong Kong).
It doesn't happen when OS Default Language is Chinese (Taiwan).
I believe the same thing happened to Chinese (Macau) but unable to test it in my circumstance.

In r4082, Chinese (Traditional) translation exposed automatically upon the First-Time Wizard.
In r4088, just displays built-in English. but can manually change to Chinese (Traditional) by Apply corresponding language.
durable PC since 2008
pcsx2_Tertiary.pot

pcsx2/gui/Panels/PathsPanel.cpp:39
Quote:SetToolTip( pxEt( "!ContextTip:FoldersWackoavestates",
L"This folder is where PCSX2 records savestates; which are recorded either by using "
L"menus/toolbars, or by pressing F1/F3 (load/save)."
)

The red text should be (save/load), in flip order to the origin.

And no toolbars yet, I guess it'll be added in the future and currently to be translated in advance.
durable PC since 2008