Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
3.8 version? I'm getting this one: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads/list . Yeah the files are blue (probably NTFS compressed) but they open just fine here using the latest Winrar
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Thanks,using latest 3.93 works.
Can languages be seen in beta 3878 and where?
No, only in r4076 and above.
(almost finished) Translation for Brazilian Portuguese: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=929

In order to make the translation be recognized by PCSX2, I had to put default.mo file in /Langs folder and then the translated .mo files in pt_BR. The default.mo part is not documented in the TranslationGuide... Is this the correct procedure?

UPDATE= Ok, can't figure it out. The translation worked in the aforementioned way for svn r4175 in Ubuntu 10.10, but it is not working for r4152, r4175 or r4176 in Archlinux 32bit (see attached screenshot). Maybe I'm doing something wrong or something missing in my linux VMs ? I'm going to try the Windows compilation environment, but if someone have any idea, is welcome to help me Tongue Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Portuguese (Brazilian) translation updated to r4177
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=929
(01-03-2011, 02:49 PM)josephg Wrote: UPDATE= Ok, can't figure it out. The translation worked in the aforementioned way for svn r4175 in Ubuntu 10.10, but it is not working for r4152, r4175 or r4176 in Archlinux 32bit (see attached screenshot). Maybe I'm doing something wrong or something missing in my linux VMs ? I'm going to try the Windows compilation environment, but if someone have any idea, is welcome to help me Tongue Thanks!

Sounds like a wxWidgets problem. wx is supposed to search the program's location by default for language files, but maybe the build on your Archlinux doesn't do that for some reason, and only searches the public locations (which are defined by Linux distros and is typically something like /usr/local/share/langs/ or whatever).

I can force-feed wx the PCSX2 CWD as a search location -- I didn't only because wx says its a default on all systems.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Air, I had a hunch and decided to test it: put the .mo files in the same folder as PCSX2 binary. And it works! When I start PCSX2 it reports that it didn't find the translation files, but now the GUI allows me to select pt_BR in the Wizard. Selecting and appling the language, translates without problem the GUI.

I can't tell you for sure if the problem is in my distro build, but I had the same problem in Ubuntu 10.10.

See attached images and console output below (generated in Arch64, r4177)

Code:
[rafael@myhost pcsx2]$ ./pcsx2-dev --forcewiz
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": libatk-bridge.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado

(pcsx2-dev:6114): Gtk-WARNING **: Não foi possível localizar a ferramenta de temas no module_path: "clearlooks",

(pcsx2-dev:6114): Gtk-WARNING **: Não foi possível localizar a ferramenta de temas no module_path: "clearlooks",

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": libatk-bridge.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module": libpk-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail-gnome": libgail-gnome.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Loading language translation databases for 'Portuguese (Brazilian)' [pt_BR]
    pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
    pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
    pcsx2_Tertiary not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
    pcsx2_devel not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!

(pcsx2-dev:6114): Gtk-WARNING **: Error parsing gtk-icon-sizes string:
    'panel-menu=24,24
panel=20,20
gtk-button=18,18
gtk-large-toolbar=24,24'

(pcsx2-dev:6114): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 14

(pcsx2-dev:6114): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 14

** (pcsx2-dev:6114): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /home/rafael/.themes/Moomex-Revisioned/gtk-2.0/Pixmaps/null.png,
borders don't fit within the image

** (pcsx2-dev:6114): WARNING **: invalid source position for bilinear gradient

** (pcsx2-dev:6114): WARNING **: invalid source position for vertical gradient

** (pcsx2-dev:6114): WARNING **: invalid source position for horizontal gradient

** (pcsx2-dev:6114): WARNING **: invalid source position for horizontal gradient
sfsdfsdfsdfsfsfsdfsfd

Loading language translation databases for 'Portuguese (Brazilian)' [pt_BR]
Restarting First Time Wizard!

p.s.: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado = file or directory not found

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I will try to do the Turkish one though everything seems too complicated for me Tongue
People only know what you have told them.
"Use BOOT2 injection to skip PS2 startup and splash screens"
I didn't get the idea of the expression "BOOT2 injection", so I'm not sure how to translation correctly. What does it mean?