Can I burn ps2 games on a dvd and play them on the pcsx2 emulator like a normal ps2?
I actually tried to do it, burning the iso in a dvd, but it didn't work. It just didn't recognize the disc. I did some research, and people were able to do that in the gba, and wii emulator (I think)

I've got all the necessary programs, and even bought dvd-rw.

Is it possible though?

Sponsored links

It is.
But i don't see any interest in doing so.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The game loading time will be slower compared to playing it from the hdd.
If you literally burned the iso file,you need to use the ISo selector or linuzappz iso,not gigahertz(this one is for correctly burned ps2 games that will work on hard\soft moded ps2)
Yeah, I did it to test my hot swap burnout 3 disc. I wanted to know if I put the ulauch.elf file in correctly, so I could hotswap with it and install FMCB onto my ps2 MC.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
The correct way to burn a game that will work on soft\hard moded PS2 is
1.Start ImgBurn and choose Write Image to Disk
2.Choose the image and your dvd recorder and burn the game

Keep in mind two things
1.Some PS2 really HATE rw disks.
2.If it's a soft moded PS2,you need to patch the game first with esr patcher
(08-17-2014, 11:40 AM)vsub Wrote: The correct way to burn a game that will work on soft\hard moded PS2 is
1.Start ImgBurn and choose Write Image to Disk
2.Choose the image and your dvd recorder and burn the game

Keep in mind two things
1.Some PS2 really HATE rw disks.
2.If it's a soft moded PS2,you need to patch the game first with esr patcher

The old phats can't even read DVD-RW's
It can...a friend is using rw on his 30004 phat without problems but my PS2 hate them with passion(including -r...+r and booktyped +r dvds boot them every time but -r when the PS2 is in a good mood Laugh )

I use my PS2HDD anyway.
Really? My ps2 phat won't touch DVD-RW's. It play's -R's just fine though. Not sure about the others.
(08-17-2014, 11:31 AM)vsub Wrote: The game loading time will be slower compared to playing it from the hdd.
If you literally burned the iso file,you need to use the ISo selector or linuzappz iso,not gigahertz(this one is for correctly burned ps2 games that will work on hard\soft moded ps2)

The iso selector only seems to select files, and not dvds. Also, i didn't had the linuzappz iso option, nor could use the gigahertz. I tried to download the linuzappz but didn't find any working links.

Is there any other way?

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for my inexperience.
go to CDVD and change from ISO to Plugin. I still don't see the whole point to ripping the ISO then burning it to a blank disc just to play it on your PC when you could just play from your original disc. It just seems counter-intuitive to me.