Can I change the refresh rate at 120 hz without doubling the speed?
I know that
PAL = 50 Hz Refresh, 50.00 fps
NTSC = 60 Hz Refresh, 60 fps.

Now, I have tried to change the line "FramerateNTSC = 119.88" in the file PCSX2_vm.ini, but the speed of the game doubles.

It would be possible to increase the fps from 60 to 120 to get the 120 Hz without doubling the speed? Technically it is possible for the PS2 hardware?

My idea was to be able to render each frame twice, in order to fool the eyes and get 120 hz .... what do you think? It makes sense or is my reasoning wrong?

I have a 144 hz monitor.
Thanks in advance for an answer.

Sponsored links

For the tenth time. Game framerate and monitor refresh rate are 2 different concepts.

You can still run at 144Hz even if the game is doing 20 fps.

Speaking specifically of pcsx2, framerate is deeply rooted with synchronization between system components. It's far more difficult to change this than with normal windows games.

Anyway, since I guess I understood what you wanted, I know there are some "overclocked" pcsx2 builds around.. That might do the trick
What are you talking about? What "overclocked" pcsx2 build you mean?
I think mirh means the custom build by blyss which had the option to overclock the EE instead of underclocking them.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/compare/m...-overclock
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I think he is talking about the internal speed...at twice the internal speed(the game still runs at 60fps but it's twice as smooth)
There are many 60fps patches for ppsspp but there almost no patches for pcsx2
How do I download the build from that page? I can from them?

In fact I was talking to the internal speed of the games.
you must compile the commits to use it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
So that build will not be useful for my purpose? Answer for "vsub"...thank ssakash for help...i must use visual studio 2013 and C++...right?
Don't get your hopes too high...I didn't notest such a thing while I was trying that build when blyss posted it somewhere here
This just increases the performance of the EE which is not connected to 120fps.

Currently you can only adjust the internal framelimiter in the KingdomHearts series. For all other games this is so far not possible. (probably for many games this will never be possible)