Can I run BT3 on my laptop?
Well my laptop isn't the most powerfull but it's fairly new and it can handle PCSX2 with DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at 20-30 FPS but it laggs a little bit, maybe someone can help me with my configuration so I can get even more FPS. That would be amazing. Smile

My Laptop specs:

Intel Core i3 (2.3 GHz Dual Core)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Graphics HD 3000

Sponsored links

That game is fairly demanding, and even though you have a modern processor, it's still really weak. PS2 emulation requires a really fast CPU above all else, and since it's only 2.3ghz and only has 2 cores, you're just not going to get much more out of it.

The graphics could be causing slow downs too if you're running above PS2 native resolution.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I use PS2 native resolution, what graphic plugins and settings do you recommand for the best performance, hasn't pcsx2 worked even on worse spec computers?
it actually has.
but not full speed
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I don't want full speed either, just a little bit faster, because it lags 2-3 frames, and when i can only see my player model ingame it runs smooth but when the enemy comes it lags.
Not much you can do with that gpu, unfortunately.
Better keep playing on your ps2 until you can afford a better machine.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-28-2013, 11:37 PM)nemix Wrote: I don't want full speed either, just a little bit faster, because it lags 2-3 frames, and when i can only see my player model ingame it runs smooth but when the enemy comes it lags.

As I mentioned in the first reply, you're laptop is just not up for doing much more with this game. Working on a slower system doesn't mean working faster. About the only thing you can do is drop your resolution lower and pile on the speed hacks, but you're likely to end up with worse results, not better.

A tip I used to use on a slower machine would be to go into the sound settings and set it to async instead of time stretch. This MAY break some games, but it plays the music and sound effects at normal speed (like the game was running full speed) which, at least to me, made games infinitely more playable even if they did run a little slow.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ok, thanks I'll try messing with the settings a bit and if it works better I'll report back. Wink
Well, yeah i did that with the sound and its ok, i use gsdx 5209 with direct3d9 software and i get 30+ frames, never drops under 30 frames per second and its very playable, the sounds in the menu are great but ingame they stutter and lag, any fix for that?
lags both in async and time stretch
Nope, nothing you can do about that while you're getting half the normal speed..
[Image: newsig.jpg]