Can I run Suikoden 3?
Hi I'm new to this whole scene, I've tried to get suikoden 3 working but can't seem to get above 30fps, so I was wondering if that is all I can expect on my rig;

Intel core 2 Quad @ 2.40ghz
2gb RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800 GT

Sponsored links

upgrade your ram @ 2gb more
enable all speed hacks and use latest beta version and install direct x 10 or 9.0c(pixel shader 2 users only) low the d3d internal resolution to 512 X 512
the new beta ver. gives 10 more fps
INTEL CORE 2QUAD 9650 @ 3Ghz,
6 Gb Ram @ 1333 Mhz,
SOUND @ 8 Channel SUB-WOOFERS,
Display @ ATI RADEON HD 3450 @ 512mb
(SOME DOWNGRADES)
The best you can do is play that game with pcsx2 r.1059 in directx.10 mode with speedhacks x2 cycle rate and vucycle stealing in option. If doesnt enough then take vuskip too.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I am playing Suikoden 3 right now on my 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, and NVidia GeForce 7900 GS graphics card. I have to use DirectX 9 since my card doesn't support 10.

I am using the gsdx plugin, native resolution, all speed hacks enabled, or set at the maximum, and pcsx2 9.6 beta 1190

I am getting 60 fps or close to it most of the time with an occasional stutter or little bit of lag every now and then. Any problems are minor and it is very playable.
The game does something silly, and I'm not too sure yet what it is. (Looks like it constantly polls some cpu state or simelar).
So that means without ee speedhacks it doesn't run fullspeed even on my pc (roughly double the specs of yours).

The thing is, with ee speedhacks and/or vucycle stealing, this game runs bad and kinda glitchy.
If you can live with the game not running very smooth and having some hickups now and then, it's prolly playable though Tongue2