Can I run pcsx2 on this spec?
My nephew has a pentium dual core cpu, 2.0ghz, 1gb ram, intel 945 chipset gma and windows xp sp2. I think intel 945 is shader model 3, so I thought I might install it on his pc. He don't have a ps2 so maybe he could play in on his pc via your emulator.

Sponsored links

It will run however most games will run very slow probably. Also in order to use PCSX2 legally you need to own a PS2 where to dump the BIOS from, so we wouldnt be able to offer more assistance.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I have a ps2, I just shared my bios with him, is that illegal. Please don't ban me, I have a lot of question about pcsx2.
As long as the bios comes from a real ps2 not an internet download it is legal
PC specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II @3.2GHZ X4
RAM: 4GB DDR3 memory @1600MHZ
GPU: ATI Radeon 4850 1GB DDR3

Having a graphic card might be a good investment. On board graphics are never good, not only they are miserably slow, they use up system RAM for graphics.

Its not that expensive to get a budget card, a old GeForce 8600GT can do wonders for him.
There's no real point in upgrading the video card if the CPU is the main problem.
I'd say you can run 2D games like Disgaea and the like, but when it comes to 3D games, you'd be extremely limited to games with low quality textures and small on screen detail, like Kingdom Hearts for example.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
you had better overclock your nephew's processor upto 3Ghz or more to play well.Emulator doesn't require video card to be very good.I have a notebook with Intel T7250 processor (2Ghz) and GMA Graphic X3100,FPS of PCSX2 is enough to play some games.Wish your nephew's computer can play PS2 SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
it requires it, but only for the most intensive games
as for me, I used to play on my old machine, which was worse than that, the same integrated gpu but a Core Duo @ 1.6 ghz and most of the games were playable
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(07-10-2009, 11:06 AM)Hornet85 Wrote: Having a graphic card might be a good investment. On board graphics are never good, not only they are miserably slow, they use up system RAM for graphics.

Its not that expensive to get a budget card, a old GeForce 8600GT can do wonders for him.

definatly needs a new GPU. from 7100(in) to to 8400GS to 8600GT I noticed big increases in performance. and I'm on a 2.2 upgrading the GPU is a priority.
(07-09-2009, 02:27 AM)julietaryu Wrote: My nephew has a pentium dual core cpu, 2.0ghz, 1gb ram, intel 945 chipset gma and windows xp sp2. I think intel 945 is shader model 3, so I thought I might install it on his pc. He don't have a ps2 so maybe he could play in on his pc via your emulator.

Nope your graphics card only support dx9,Are you using google translator?,beacuse if i understand well you NOT have a ps2 so your bios....