Can I run these and record with FRAPS at the same time?
I'm wanting to do an LP series on a couple of PS2 games I have, and I want them to be at least at x2 nativity, just so that the graphics aren't blocky and at least smoothed out and look nice. The main reason I want to use FRAPS, is because I can never quite get the internal recorder to work.

My current specs are as follows:
AMD Athlon II x4 630 2.8 Ghz
6 Gigs of RAM
Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5

I usually have the PCSX2 running at normal stock settings, though I do have the MTVU hack enabled.

The games I'm wanting to play, are:

All 4 of the .hack games
Eternal Ring
Dark Cloud
Kuon
Tsugunai: Atonement
Xenosaga Trilogy

I just want to know if these would work on my current build.
Also, if you could tell me if they would work on my new build even better that would be great.

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

GPU: Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5

I'd really like some input, cause I would love to get these up on Youtube!

Sponsored links

old build no, new build no

well you CAN record it but it will not be fullspeed all the time so its a chore to watch
Or, you know, use the built in recording feature (F12).
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
You can try. As long as the folder where files are recorded to is on a different HDD to the game/PCSX2 and you record at 60FPS (Fraps limits your framerate to the FPS you record at) you should get no FPS drops from Fraps. This will only work if your PC is good enough to run the game at full speed, obviously. Which is doubtful.

(02-06-2013, 09:00 AM)nintendo85 Wrote: Or, you know, use the built in recording feature (F12).

Which is terrible compared to Fraps.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
Well, I've already stated that I can never get the internal recorder to work. So I was wondering about this then. What about if I overclock my CPU? or use some speedhacks. would that make it able to use the Emu and FRAPS?
(02-06-2013, 04:19 PM)xenoriddley Wrote: Well, I've already stated that I can never get the internal recorder to work. So I was wondering about this then. What about if I overclock my CPU? or use some speedhacks. would that make it able to use the Emu and FRAPS?

it would help a bit but your system is to weak overal to compensate it through a simple overclock.

athlons arent known for their overclockings abilities and that 6670 is just to weak to output some decent quality on the emu while recording (even tho recording takes the most toll on the cpu, the gpu is involved as well)
(02-06-2013, 05:00 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: it would help a bit but your system is to weak overal to compensate it through a simple overclock.

athlons arent known for their overclockings abilities and that 6670 is just to weak to output some decent quality on the emu while recording (even tho recording takes the most toll on the cpu, the gpu is involved as well)

Even if the resolution is only x2 nativity? What if I were to use the original nativity?
(02-06-2013, 05:30 PM)xenoriddley Wrote: Even if the resolution is only x2 nativity? What if I were to use the original nativity?

then it would run good but the image is poor compared to 2x native and it wouldnt be anything different from just looking at someone else playing the game on the ps2 (most of the time that looks even better)
plus a guarenteed solid 60fps isnt the case either with native, 90% of the time it would be fullspeed but there are some moments it will dip.
The only way you're going to know for sure is if you test it yourself.

Start by setting your speedhacks screen to look like this:

[Image: GRAsqFN.png]

Then change your GS plugin to look like this:

[Image: 4NVUW9x.png]
(where it says 6900 series yours should say 6600 series/6670)

If you're still getting lag, up the sliders by 1 at a time, starting with VU Cycle Stealing. VU > EE > VU. If you've stopped lagging, you can then up the resolution (rule of thumb is to never use custom resolution, only change native resolution multipliers (e.g 2x)). You can try fiddling with clamping/rounding mode settings in the GS Window/GS core settings area (under EE/IOP and VUs). If you're stilling lagging after all that then there's not much else you can do other than buy a new PC.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
(02-06-2013, 07:23 PM)Tyestor Wrote: The only way you're going to know for sure is if you test it yourself.

Start by setting your speedhacks screen to look like this:

[Image: GRAsqFN.png]

Then change your GS plugin to look like this:

[Image: 4NVUW9x.png]
(where it says 6900 series yours should say 6600 series/6670)

If you're still getting lag, up the sliders by 1 at a time, starting with VU Cycle Stealing. VU > EE > VU. If you've stopped lagging, you can then up the resolution (rule of thumb is to never use custom resolution, only change native resolution multipliers (e.g 2x)). You can try fiddling with clamping/rounding mode settings in the GS Window/GS core settings area (under EE/IOP and VUs). If you're stilling lagging after all that then there's not much else you can do other than buy a new PC.

erhm, ''rule of thumb never use custom resolution'' tekken 5/any namco game says hi

in the end doesnt really matter if you use custom resolution or not.

to your speedhacks, VUcyclestealing at 1 max, more will only result in worse perfomance except in a few games. (shadow of the collosus etc)

EEcycle rate@ 2 is correct, 3 can mess up the game.

and you forgot that he can activate hardware hacks and enable ski-draw hack = 1 for shadows in dragonquest VIII and remove the blur/doubleimage of final fantasy 10, and fixes the quickenings of bash in final fantasy 12.