Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can PCSX2 add stereoscopic 3D support?
This features was long requested for few years already.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx?pid=...#pid187134

At that time, some said that there was not much meaning for the effort of implementing S3D
as 3D equipments were too expensive and not much people can afford it.
By now few years has passed, 3D equipments are now much more exceptable.
(Just got a brand new old model GTX460 @ $119 and a China brand 42" passive 3DTV @ $480).
I sincerely would like to re-request Stereoscopic support in PCSX2 by now.

I am now playing Wii's Xenoblade with Dolphin@S3D, the open world 3D scene opened my eyes!
PS2 also has a lot of open environment RPG that should look superb in S3D mode.
As now PCSX reached its 10th anniversity and v1.0, is it the high time for adding S3D as well?

I heard that Playstation platform is lack of true Z-depth when dealing with 3D.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Does-pcsx...3#pid95393\
But I tried that the Lewpy GPU plugin of PSEmuPro has few version can add Z-depth and
enable S3D before. Is it possible to do it in PCSX2 as well?

Thanks a lot! Ohmy

Sponsored links

*Moved to Hardware/software discussion Wink
hmm i heard that nature of WII graphics make it much easier for making 2 eyed Views and then combine them ( like Human 3D vision )

however the GS ( GPU PS2 chip ) do the completely the Opposite ...
(08-17-2012, 09:47 PM)abdo123 Wrote: hmm i heard that nature of WII graphics make it much easier for making 2 eyed Views and then combine them ( like Human 3D vision )

however the GS ( GPU PS2 chip ) do the completely the Opposite ...

so is it really impossible for PCSX2 to run in stereoscopic 3D?
I heard that PS1 also has such "lack of z-depth" issue but one of the GPU author Lewpy did overcome it and release GPU plugin that support S3D with my old 3dfx banshee display card decade before. Is that a sign that PS2 still has hope? Sad

Thanks~!
I have been thinking about this for the past month. I hope changing the camera angles should work at very high speeds should work or atleast separating them based on the layers they are.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
I did not care about stereoscopic 3D, however I have problems to play 3D platform games. When I jump, I do not know where I will fall and the shadow does not solve all problems. Stereoscopic 3D is the solution.

I hope this idea is useful:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-REAL-Ster...mplemented

Some rumors say that stereoscopic 3D is not good for child health. It would be bad, because children love 3D platform games.
Stereoscopic 3D ~ health Wacko
It may be harmful to eyes if done with a low Hz Monitor. Retinal Vision may get you have flickering when games are played at 60hz with 3D.
Anaglyph 3D causes Retinal rivalry (cyan and red hues).
I love 3D Games but don't have a 3D Vision Card.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]