Can PCSX2 even work on a computer with my specs?
Well, I can tell you I had a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz single core, with 2Gb DDR2 533 & 667Mhz and an NVIDIA 9800GTX+ 512Mb GDDR3, and even with all hacks, speedups, disabled sound and an ISO image (to avoid loading times and slowdowns by DVD drive)... I couldn't get FFX to be at 60fps... on the intro, before the fire scene, it would go around 46-50fps, and after it, around 30-40... it really depended on the scene... really unplayable for me.

I just upgraded to a C2D E7500 @ 2.9Ghz (but had to downgrade to 1GB due to motherboard issues) and man, MAN it does make a difference to have a dual-core processor, really. I was going for a Q6600 but it was too hard to find locally so I had to get this one which, so far it hasn't dissapointed me Smile. I even tried to get my P4 to 3.6Ghz (before the mobo wouldn't boot because of the memory speed which went above their limit) and it didn't help at all Sad

So that's my tip: get a dual-core processor. This one rocks though, I'm new into the dual/quad scene so I wouldn't know how to help you in another processor choice, but I hope it helps you.

Btw, long-time lurker, first-time poster Tongue you pcsx2 guys rock Laugh
..:: Core2Duo E7500 OC @ 3.23 Ghz | 9800GTX+ 512Mb GDDR2 | 2GB DDR2 800 | Win7 x64 ::..

Sponsored links

I've tried PCSX2 on these specs-

Pentium 4 2.8ghz with HT (single core)
2GB DDR2 ram
Integrated Media Accelerator 900

I was able to get Kingdom Hearts working 50%-100% speed depending on where I was. Usually stayed at around 65% average. And Jak and Daxter worked at 40%-70% speed, rarely spiking to 90%. Final Fantasy X worked about 40%-50% all the time with pretty much unplayable graphical glitches. I'm sure my GPU was a bottleneck here since it leeches off the CPU and memory. Nevertheless, I could not get full speed even if I HAD a decent GPU. Dual cores are are requirement to play decently.

EDIT- I should mention that I put ALL speed hacks and CPU enhancements on to even get the speeds I did. This can break games sometimes too. So factor in maybe 20% less speed if not more without speedhacks.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
Where can I find links to older versions of the emulator? And where can I find links to download older plugin versions that would work with older versions of the emulator?
http://www.generalemu.net/pcsx2archive/
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64