Can PCSX2 speed up the Suikoden V battle load times?
It's well-known that the battle load times in Suikoden V are ridiculous and they bog down the game's pace (nothing to do with the emulator, it's just the way the game is). I was wondering if it were possible to configure PCSX2 in such a way that it would load these battles faster, but of course keep the rest of the game running at normal speed. I'm curious if this is even an option, and the answer might persuade me to dig out my game disc again for a second playthrough Tongue

Sponsored links

You might need a very powerful pc, just press tab to go on turbo to load the battle's faster, hoped this helped.
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
I didn't know PCSX2 had a turbo button Ohmy I'll try it out.
(05-02-2013, 03:53 AM)sovereign110 Wrote: I didn't know PCSX2 had a turbo button Ohmy I'll try it out.
Yeah, and slow motion also: Shift + Tab
Imagination is where we are truly real
PES games are notable examples for loading time. They take 20 - 30s to load a match. I cannot imagine what the developer does in such a long time with 32 MiB of RAM.
or disable Frame limiter in " Loading .... " which may even go beyond 200% of the turbo then enable it ( hotkey F4 )
(05-02-2013, 09:50 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: or disable Frame limiter in " Loading .... " which may even go beyond 200% of the turbo then enable it ( hotkey F4 )

I tremble every time I think this hotkey actually changes the ini settings causing a lot of reports of game running too fast even after reinitializing the emulator... F4 should be attached to a local variable so the emulation started always from "normal" at emulator start.

Besides it is near F3 what could lead to unintentional tap while attempting to load sstate.

PS: Not against your advice, F4 can speed yet more than the turbo, just alerting for the detail.
Imagination is where we are truly real
yeah thanks for the notice it is annoying like you said how about making a thread about it or suggest it whatsoever ,

i do use it sometimes but loading signs can run up to like 500% and more why we just take advantage of 200% Wink

i just too lazy and you seem to be the best here to describe stuffs and notices Laugh
Fast CDVD hack should do the trick.
(05-03-2013, 06:57 PM)rama Wrote: Fast CDVD hack should do the trick.

would it effect ISOs i don't think so Unsure