Can PCXS2 handle multi-disc games?
I'm sorry if the answer to this is common knowledge, but I just searched for a while and couldn't find a clear answer.

I just bought Shadow Hearts Covenant in hopes of playing it on PCSX2, and opened the case up to discover that the game is spread across two discs.  Does the application have a function capable of swapping discs mid-game?  I was hoping I could make an ISO for each disc like I usually do for PS2 emulation, but don't know if this or anything else will work.

Sponsored links

Most ganes offer a saving feature between disks. These saves you can load with the next disk. I guess this is one of those games. Mostly games that require loading other disks to enable additional content don't work.
It actually makes me wonder how PCSX2 handles games like Monster Rancher, where you obtain new monsters through game/audio discs. Since technically you can't swap discs..
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
To my knowledge monster rancher doesnt work... But maybe i am wrong.
Imma see how it runs lol. Always loved the Monster Rancher games tbh. I cried when my monster died in MH1 on PSX ;_;
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I think if you use the disk swap method in monster rancher you always get the same monster which is equal to the monster you get if you use the monster rancher disk. So pcsx2 never recognizes the swap.