Can PS3 remaster run on PCSX2
Hello I'm in thailand. I like to play PS2 many games.
PCSX2 is emulator program to play old or classic ps2.

now, There are PS3 remaster games release such as FFX/X-2.
I want to know that Can PS3 remaster game can run on PCSX2 program.

P.S. and I want to know about new features or future update
Sorry for my poor english skill.

Sponsored links

no, it can't
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
longer-winded version:

PS2 Remasters (and PSP Remasters) are games that were originally on these systems and have been remade and re-encoded for use on the PS3. It uses the PS3's encryption, and not the PS2/PSP's a PS2 or PSP has NO idea what to do with these games and just simply crashes
(04-10-2014, 07:27 AM)Saiki Wrote: longer-winded version:

PS2 Remasters (and PSP Remasters) are games that were originally on these systems and have been remade and re-encoded for use on the PS3. It uses the PS3's encryption, and not the PS2/PSP's a PS2 or PSP has NO idea what to do with these games and just simply crashes

thank for the anwser.
I used to play monster hunter 3rd HD remaster(PS3 version [someone patched and encrypted it]) in PSP Emulator (PPSSPP) so, I think maybe PCSX2 can run it.Laugh
no, you probably played a patched PSP copy, with HD textures.
I think so. ^^
Is PCSX2 update a new feature(or improve performance and run perfect game)?
(04-10-2014, 07:59 AM)Navigate Wrote: I think so. ^^
Is PCSX2 update a new feature(or improve performance and run perfect game)?

News feature-> i don't think so
Improve perfromance-> maybe, but it's not pcsx2's main goal.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-10-2014, 08:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Improve perfromance-> maybe, but it's not pcsx2's main goal.

PCSX2's main goal is to emulate a ps2 as close as possible. so Improving performance IS one of it's main goals. (though a little clouded if you ask me)
(04-10-2014, 07:51 AM)Saiki Wrote: no, you probably played a patched PSP copy, with HD textures.

No, Monster Hunter 3rd HD isn't a port, it just has some HD textures and is running off a the PS3's PSP emulator (modified slightly), and can be converted to run on PPSSPP.
In fact a lot of PS2 and PSP 'classics' games that are on PS3's PSN store are just normal games running off an internal emulator - so OP's question wasn't too far out there.
That's Classics, not remasters. PSP/PSX Classics run of the PSVita's PSP sandbox too

furthermore, if it can be patched for PPSSPP it could be run on a PSP as well