Can Someone Help Me? Extreme Lag!
Alright I have no clue why I can't run games. I can run the videos just find but game-play lags like there is no tomorrow.

I've tried many many different configurations, maybe someone here can please point out something? Perhaps some plugin configuring recommendations. I won't post my current config because almost everything has the EXACT same result, great graphics, major lag.

PCSX2 v: 0.98

RAM: 8 Gigs
Processor: AMD FX Quad Core 4100
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon HD 5670

Thank you! Hoping for a speedy reply! Smile

Sponsored links

Quote:AMD FX Quad Core 4100
that's probably where the problem is.
which games ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-01-2012, 09:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's probably where the problem is.
which games ?

I tried Ratchet and Clank 2 and Jack And Daxter 3.

You think the quad core is a problem? It's way more powerful then the ones that were recommended in the big thread up there.

EDIT~~

I'm able to play current day PC games such as Portal 2, The Witcher [only the first, graphics card isn't strong enough for the second], I played Alice Madness Returns, etc. I can't see this being the CPUs fault.
both games can only be rendered nearly perfect by software rendering, and by software rendering, it means all depends on cpu raw power.
and your cpu certainly is the bottleneck , sorry but it is a fact.
look at this link, you will know what cpu good for running pcsx2.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

and finally, emulation is totally different than running pc games.
actually, Bulldozer architecture is known to perform very badly when it comes to pcsx2 and to gaming in general.
just a little addition to what Acidrains said.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
oooooh I see....

Shoot. Is there any way around this? I don't need absolute perfect rendering, resolution wise 640 x 480 would be fine. I just want to play Tongue
Download the latest SVN and enable the MTVU hack:
http://pcsx2.net/svn.php

That will use an extra core. Also when using software rendering for those 2 games you can set an extra thread for a small performance boost, - your mileage may vary though so experiment a little.
you can get better result and more enjoyable experience by play some other game like FFX, Basara, clock tower and such
those game that you can take advantage of dispay card power by using hardware rendering.

but for these two games, resolution don't really matters since software mode always render in native resolution.
only way i can think of is getting your cpu frequency as high as you can, like overclocking if you know how to.
and try to optimize system resource by disabling useless task running background, maybe can help raise fps a little though.

Edit:yes , just remember i forgot to mention the latest SVN and MTVU ( big boost for triple core and up) after saw Trottewatch's post
(05-01-2012, 10:17 PM)Trotterwatch Wrote: Download the latest SVN and enable the MTVU hack:
http://pcsx2.net/svn.php

That will use an extra core. Also when using software rendering for those 2 games you can set an extra thread for a small performance boost, - your mileage may vary though so experiment a little.

Isn't that last SVN only Windows 32 bit? Will it work? I'm downloading now.

Thank you Smile

EDIT~~~

Thank you both Smile Reconfiguring now.

EDIT 2~~~~

Does anyone know how much RAM PSCX2 uses?
It's not super intensive ram wise, certainly anything over 3 gigs would be more than enough - could probably get away with 1 gig depending on what else you were running for most uses.