Can a Patch be used as an FPS accelerator??
First if you have Vista or Win 7 and a DirectX 10 compliant graphics card set GSdx to DX10 Hardware. If not, at least set Pixel Shader to 3 and enable Log Z too.
Keeping clamping to none can cause various bugs and crashes so I wouldn't recommend it unless you know for sure it doesn't affect the games you are playing.
For a good general speed boost, grab beta 1888 and the March 11 beta plugins from here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

In the same beta you may want to set speedhacks to "x2 cycle rate", enabling all the "EE misc hacks" and the "VU cycle stealing" hack to 'moderate' for FFXII, FFX may not work so well after 'slight'. Clamps set to 'none' should work fine for FFXII but not so much for FFX.

You may also want to change your sound plugin to ZeroSPU2 or just ticking the "disable effects processing" option in in SPU2-X (maybe set interpolation to none as well).

That's about it for speed you can get... Best speed comes from upgrading your PC Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks guys! i feel and see a significant speed improvement, but i have one problem...
the lilipad controller plugin for the beta seems to respond slowly, like when i press the X button it responds after a few seconds...
got any suggestions gentlemen??
"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"
—Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V