Can anyone help me with these graphics problems?
Hi:

I've been testing the SRW OGS with GSDX and DX10 plugin. But the graphics in the battle scenes are full of glitches. (Like in the bad picture). However if I use the software mode instead of the hardware mode I get better results (as in the Good picture) with an abismall drop of fps.

Good
[Image: buenorz6.th.png]

Bad
[Image: malosq8.th.png]

Can anyone tell me if there might be a solution to this?
PD: I'm using pcsx-r478.exe version of the emulator.

Sponsored links

Use software mode. Some alpha settings of the PS2 are very hard to emulate on the GPU.

You can try to get rid of some of the black lines by using native resolution in DX10 or DX9 mode, but that won't fix the black texture borders.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Try turning off (or on, if it's off) texture filtering and setting resolution to 'native'
try set Texture filtering in "grey check" status in the GSdx
and it looks like you're using win7 stay in DX10(hardware mode)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Hello:

Thank you very much. Leaving the texture filtering in gray and using native resolution pixelates the moving mecha sprites but shows the background perfectly.

I still have one more question though. When an option is ticked then its turned on. If it blank it's off. But what does it mean to be grayed?
it means that the plugin uses it if its necessary Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(02-15-2009, 04:05 AM)aarelovich Wrote: Hello:

Thank you very much. Leaving the texture filtering in gray and using native resolution pixelates the moving mecha sprites but shows the background perfectly.

I still have one more question though. When an option is ticked then its turned on. If it blank it's off. But what does it mean to be grayed?

Black check=3D rendering(Good mecha rendering but you will see vertical,horizontal strips in the background)
Gray Check=2D rendering(No Vertical,horizontal strips in the background but your mecha looks quite pixeled and not smooth as it looks)
Uncheck=Disables Texture filtering(Not recommended--->bad looks)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Thanks for the answers.

Does the "the emulator uses it if necessary" apply to all other gray boxes, because the NLoop hack and all other options, all have it.
yep that is correct Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja