Can anyone tell me how to Rip music from Jak and Daxter 2?
(07-23-2014, 10:27 AM)zster Wrote: Sorry I think we're in different time zones so the reply is late. I'm not looking for those exact values more the pattern. A column of 00 or 02 lining up in a hex editor. I have Jak 1 in a box somewhere so I'll try digging that up and taking a look as it'l give me some clues. If I can extract the music with that then there's a good chance I can apply the same thing to number 2.

If you're using MFAudio you need to selec "RAW - Raw Sound Data - Compressed ADPCM". It defaults to uncompressed so you need to set it to that manually.
I did have it set up to Compressed.

Sponsored links

(07-23-2014, 03:35 PM)Tuaam Wrote: I did have it set up to Compressed.

Had a look at Jak 1 and its clear they're using some form of tracked music (not streamed like ADPCM is). It would probably be easier for somone to make a psf from the code in memory than trying to figure out the module format. This is beyone my skills so sorry for getting your hopes up. If it was ADPCM as most bob RPG games are I could have cooked something up.
(07-24-2014, 04:37 PM)zster Wrote: Had a look at Jak 1 and its clear they're using some form of tracked music (not streamed like ADPCM is). It would probably be easier for somone to make a psf from the code in memory than trying to figure out the module format. This is beyone my skills so sorry for getting your hopes up. If it was ADPCM as most bob RPG games are I could have cooked something up.
SO I would have to Record the music myself?