Can i turn my disc/iso into an ELF File?
1. Can i turn my disc/iso into an ELF File?
2. How do i do so?
3. Can i play online with my ELF file?
4. Do i still need DNAS attached to play ELF online?
5. Do i attach DNAS to ELF same as i would attach it to my iso?

Sponsored links

1: no
2: not possible
3: same
4: yes
5: see 2
How many threads is this about online play from you, now?

As has been mentioned before, the functionality for online play is barely implemented.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Petre: The Slus file in the PS2 disc/iso is an elf file, just for your information.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-29-2009, 07:04 AM)Koji Wrote: Petre: The Slus file in the PS2 disc/iso is an elf file, just for your information.

I have no idea what the slus is...
Its possible to play the game with that file? How do i extract/obtain it?

All i really want to know is if i can play games that ive saved to my computer rather than discs. Thats what i thought i could do with the iso.
Think of the elf file as exe for pc game...can you play PC games with only the exe Rolleyes

What exactly are you after even if it was possible to turn PS2 game to just ELF.I'm 100% sure that you didn't understand something correctly while you readed something
(09-29-2009, 06:10 PM)vsub Wrote: Think of the elf file as exe for pc game...can you play PC games with only the exe Rolleyes

What exactly are you after even if it was possible to turn PS2 game to just ELF.I'm 100% sure that you didn't understand something correctly while you readed something

Maybe. I dont know very much about emulators. Or software anatomy.
What i ultimately want is to play games online with the emulator. Im having a lot of trouble doing so. I thought the game might run more smoothly if i used a file already saved on the computer than with a disc.

Emulator has an option to play an ELF file, but if its not possible to play a game as an ELF file why is that option available? Is that for programs other than games?
(09-29-2009, 06:18 PM)Petre Wrote: I thought the game might run more smoothly if i used a file already saved on the computer than with a disc.
Yes it will but not as ELF but ISO

(09-29-2009, 06:18 PM)Petre Wrote: Emulator has an option to play an ELF file, but if its not possible to play a game as an ELF file why is that option available?
ELF is the main "exe" of the game,you can't do anything only with the elf
(09-29-2009, 06:18 PM)Petre Wrote: Is that for programs other than games?
There are a lot of programs for PS2 and they are ELF format.Some of them are only one file(ELF)other other files with them.

HDLoader - only one file(ELF)witch allows you to play games from HDD on real PS2
CodeBreaker - only one file(ELF)...program that allows you to cheat on Games
SMS Media Player - only one file(ELF)which allows you to watch/listen a lot of formats on PS2(media player for PS2)
Action Replay - program which has one elf but it's imposible that program to work if you remove all the files from the disk or just copy the elf of the program to your PC

Do you understand it now.There is no way to play PS2 game if you have only the elf file(they are usually small files,how do you expect such small file to contains so much data of same game)
(09-29-2009, 06:43 PM)vsub Wrote:
(09-29-2009, 06:18 PM)Petre Wrote: I thought the game might run more smoothly if i used a file already saved on the computer than with a disc.
Yes it will but not as ELF but ISO

Theres no option on the emulator to run an ISO. How would i do that?
I tried to run my ISO on the emulator (through the only 2 options available to load games) but no files appear in the folder theyre saved in when i try to do so. You know what i mean?
I recon you are being deliberately obtuse, personally.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/