Can my computer handle pcsx2?
Hi I really don't understand anything about computers so I'll ask you guys some help. So can my computer run this pcsx2 (Final Fantasy X) because if it can run FFX I'll buy FFX from my firend other wise not.

Windows 7:

AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+ 2.20 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 2,00GB
Sytem type 32-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Thank you for reading ^^

Sponsored links

Not a chance. GeForce 6600 GT is entire incapable of doing what PCSX2 needs to have any reasonable performance emulating any game.

(and the CPU's not too great either, but in your case the 6600 is the bigger limiting factor)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
it will work, but from my experience i can tell it wont be fast, most likely you will be getting avarage 20-50% speed or less.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
No sorry, the emulator will run but speeds wont really be playable, a single core processor running at that low speeds it wont do any good and the Graphics card is OK but doesnt really help either I'm afraid.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
ok, thx you for information =)
I just tried running FFX on my old Dell with a Pentium 4 Northwood @ 2.56Ghz and 7600GS (which is roughly equivalent/slightly more powerful than a 6600GT) and even with speed hacks and Native resolution, I still only got around 30-40FPS.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-23-2009, 10:39 PM)Air Wrote: Not a chance. GeForce 6600 GT is entire incapable of doing what PCSX2 needs to have any reasonable performance emulating any game.

(and the CPU's not too great either, but in your case the 6600 is the bigger limiting factor)

totaly wrong he can run some games,cause i do and a couple of them are 3d !!! so yes he can,not the most demanding but its okHappy
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
I used to be able to run Marvel VS Capcom 2 fullspeed on a stock C2D e4300 (1.8 ghz) with a geforce 6200a, so I guess that's one game that he's going to be able to run, if the 6600 GT is his bottleneck.
[Image: 813647.png]
+ geforce GT 440 @ Win7 64bit
(10-26-2009, 11:16 PM)diegochiha Wrote:
(10-23-2009, 10:39 PM)Air Wrote: Not a chance. GeForce 6600 GT is entire incapable of doing what PCSX2 needs to have any reasonable performance emulating any game.

totaly wrong he can run some games,cause i do and a couple of them are 3d !!! so yes he can,not the most demanding but its okHappy

Oh REALLY? Laugh I would love to know what games!! Laugh
@Noyzel
Naruto accel 2,dragon ball infinite world,saint seiya hades,naruto 3,soul eater battle resonance,one piece grand battle, and the list goes on,anything else you may need Tongue
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]