Can my old computer run any games at all, or should I fiddle more with the configs?
I Used to play on PCSX2 1.1 Persona 3 FES and Kingdom Hearts 2 at full speed on a 2.4GHz Core2Duo with a 9400m... You should be fine with the lesser demanding games Smile

EDIT: Actually it was a 2.53GHz, but you get the point Wink

Sponsored links

Okay, thanks guys.
I've been testing my games since yesterday, some are playable, most are not.
But apart from the slow frame rates, many games also have terrible glitches and bugs.

Two questions came into my mind while reading about the emulator.
First: How can a new CPU benefit me, while PCSX2 can only use 3 cores?
Second: Can you guys, with your powerful hardware, play a game entirely in Software Mode with full speed?

And another one:
Do the speed hacks work on both Software and Hardware Mode?
Because a c2d core isnt an i5 core.
Even in the latests games, the number of cores is nothing in front of the power of one core, thats why you better choose the latest 4 cores i5 than an old 8 cores fx8.
I some cases even the latests pentiumG (2 cores) performs better than a fx8, I think it was the case on the dolphin emulator.
And yeah software mode is a piece of cake, thats not a problem.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(04-25-2015, 10:01 PM)babalon Wrote: Okay, thanks guys.
I've been testing my games since yesterday, some are playable, most are not.
But apart from the slow frame rates, many games also have terrible glitches and bugs.

Two questions came into my mind while reading about the emulator.
First: How can a new CPU benefit me, while PCSX2 can only use 3 cores?
Second: Can you guys, with your powerful hardware, play a game entirely in Software Mode with full speed?

And another one:
Do the speed hacks work on both Software and Hardware Mode?

The new CPUs have various optimizations to their architecture it has little to do with the massive amount of cores they have and these optimizations allow information to be processed much more quickly.....Yes speaking for myself I can ran almost any game I can run in hardware mode in software mode on my gaming PC Which is amd FX series based
Motherboard: SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz @ 4.8ghz 1.41 v
GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 @ 1866
(04-25-2015, 11:10 PM)desertofunknown Wrote: Yes speaking for myself I can ran almost any game I can run in hardware mode in software mode on my gaming PC Which is amd FX series based

There are several games that need more than 4.1Ghz on the FX 6300. You just haven't encountered them yet Tongue2

Some I need to go as high as 4.7Ghz and some I can't even keep at full speed at that frequency.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
@babalon Well the question is what can you afford .... the amd fx piledriver line provides excellent performance for how cheap you can get it.... but the intel does outdo the amd in single threaded performance and will give you a slight edge over what the amd cpu is capable of without an oc... Truth be told is an intel rig really worth it to "you" To answer your original question as I said before upgrading the cpu for $70~ would make many games playable without having to buy a new motherboard cpu ram ect you would be set maybe a new gpu upgrade just because your gpu is very dated and a bit slow though its optional
Motherboard: SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz @ 4.8ghz 1.41 v
GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 @ 1866