Can my old dog run pcsx2 ? Heyelp!
Shocked 
Hi folks.
Old school gamer here. I tried this years ago to poor effect.
Been mucking about the past few days again. But still laggy as hell on my pc.
She is an old dog right enough.

Anyway`s....
I finally got it working on my sons pc. Pretty smooth.
His set up is alot better than mine.

Anyway i am rambling here.
Can my old girl run this? Please put me out my misery.
The amount of time i have spent now. I would be better off just buying some old games and dusting down my console. LOL

AMD anthlon64x2 dual core 4600+ 2.41GHz
Radeon HD 5770
4 gig of Ram
Windows 7

EDIT: Sorry if you guys been asked this a million times already!

Sponsored links

Your PC is aging quite a bit, it's going to really struggle with PS2 emulation I'm afraid.

I'm shocked it's running windows 7 Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-13-2015, 01:21 AM)refraction Wrote: Your PC is aging quite a bit, it's going to really struggle with PS2 emulation I'm afraid.

I'm shocked it's running windows 7 Tongue

HA
Cheers bro. I knew it was bad. But not that bad.

I had win 8 on it. Lol

Acht well just need to relive them moments upstair on the boys pc.

Little *****.

I should take my sons off him and give him this old banger..
LOL
haha you should! hand me downs are what parenthood is all about Wink

But yeh, that machine is about 10 years old, which for hardware is quite archaic Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-13-2015, 01:31 AM)refraction Wrote: haha you should! hand me downs are what parenthood is all about Wink

But yeh, that machine is about 10 years old, which for hardware is quite archaic Tongue2

Thanks for yer time pal. I knew it was bad man.
Time to save up for a new i5 bundle or i7.
That should be enough eh?
(06-13-2015, 01:33 AM)rebelbhoy Wrote: Thanks for yer time pal. I knew it was bad man.
Time to save up for a new i5 bundle or i7.
That should be enough eh?

Yeah, a nice desktop i5 will do great
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Cheers fella. Nice one.

You have a good night bud.
Also, if you are going to get the I5 (or) I7, get the ones from latest haswell architecture (4***).
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yeah, from my experience it will work pretty well,but only at 1366x768 or lower resolutions,in some games where it needs to be in software mode it will be unplayable. I had same gpu some time before. Cpu is pretty low,i had same conf but with amd 2.8 x4, and win7 64bit, 64 will give you some little increase in fps.
(06-18-2015, 12:49 PM)darrko1984 Wrote: . Cpu is pretty low,i had same conf but with amd 2.8 x4, and win7 64bit, 64 will give you some little increase in fps.

Nope, PCSX2 is still a native 32bit application. there will be no benefit even if you had a 64 bit OS version Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction