Can my system run pcsx2 v1.0.0
System specs
Lenovo ideapad 480
3rd gen intel core i7-3610QM (2.3 ghz, 6mb cache)
Windows 7
8GB ddr3 RAM
Nvidia Gerforce gt650m

Also if i cant run this on good setting are there any settings you recommend to get games running

Sponsored links

Sure u run pcsx2 ..but if ur i7 support sse,or sse4.1.
ofcourse it support it's i7 is the latest and most powerful generation of all CPUs

the Laptops is powerful with the help of some speed hacks and turbo boost you will be able to play all Playable games with high speed and good graphics

any games you trying to play ?
I was hoping to play games along the lines of the final fantasy series, god of war, kingdom hearts. Games like those.

I did test god of war tho on basic settings that the system is configured with. It ran ehh (average 50 fps in game, audio sounded very robotic, dropped to about 30 fps when i used attacks that brought alot of small particles to the screen)
(04-29-2013, 02:32 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: ofcourse it support it's i7 is the latest and most powerful generation of all CPUs

the Laptops is powerful with the help of some speed hacks and turbo boost you will be able to play all Playable games with high speed and good graphics

any games you trying to play ?

Not entirely. There will be some games that will not be playable, even with speedhacks. Of course, depnding on what games he is wanting to play, he may be able to play them all, but there will also be a fair few games he will be unable to play.

Speedhacks will help, and his gpu should be fine for 2-3x native on most games, but once again, depends on the game.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-29-2013, 02:45 PM)m1lfr3d Wrote: I was hoping to play games along the lines of the final fantasy series, god of war, kingdom hearts. Games like those.

I did test god of war tho on basic settings that the system is configured with. It ran ehh (average 50 fps in game, audio sounded very robotic, dropped to about 30 fps when i used attacks that brought alot of small particles to the screen)

I dont know your current settings, but for a basic setup (and this is by no means a perfect one lol) set your gsdx plugin to the SSE 4.1 plugin, and use direct3D11 (hardware) under gsdx settings. Set internal resolution to 2x native (could probably go higher, but as I said, basic lol). For now leave all other gsdx settings as is.

Under emulation settings, turn on all recommended speedhacks and mtvu. Run the game from iso. Any difference?
Thank you for the help im on the road now so ill check this when i get back

Also i had a question that may seem odd

A games framerate is 60 fps so if i set a framelimit at 30 fps it will run double speed right? But the slowmo mode can slow it by half

So if i cant reach 60 fps normally can i frame limit to 30fps then activate slowmode to reach an artificial 60fps game speed?
No if any game u run and that particular game could not reach thire full speed so that is meaningless to use frame limiting ..
(04-29-2013, 03:02 PM)m1lfr3d Wrote: Thank you for the help im on the road now so ill check this when i get back

Also i had a question that may seem odd

A games framerate is 60 fps so if i set a framelimit at 30 fps it will run double speed right? But the slowmo mode can slow it by half

So if i cant reach 60 fps normally can i frame limit to 30fps then activate slowmode to reach an artificial 60fps game speed?

No. The fps you see is virtual fps. If its not reaching 60 fps for ntsc then its not running full speed. If it runs at 30 fps it is only running half speed and the game will play slowly. If you limit your fps to 30 you will not be able to play full speed. You can try changing base framerates at ini level, but thats a risky modification that can break the emulation of alot of games.

If you cant reach 60 fps then try increasing speedhacks (the EE and VU cycle sliders) or lowering your resolution. Some games simply wont reach playable speeds with your system unfortunately (I know as I have the same cpu, and even though my gpu is weaker, pcsx2 is more demanding on the cpu than the gpu).
(04-29-2013, 02:50 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: Not entirely. There will be some games that will not be playable, even with speedhacks. Of course, depnding on what games he is wanting to play, he may be able to play them all, but there will also be a fair few games he will be unable to play.

Speedhacks will help, and his gpu should be fine for 2-3x native on most games, but once again, depends on the game.

a 3 GHZ IVY ( turbo boost ) will totally have 80-90% of playable games running smoothly ( not to mention MTVU as well )

make sure you're using the 650M instead of Intel HD 4000 by the way !

for GOW use VU cycling at level 2 in speedhacks Smile