Can never get full speed With AMD Phenom x4 3.2Ghz
I thought there is no need for MSAA if you already had your internal resolution set at 3x or 4x

Sponsored links

(05-31-2012, 05:57 AM)Archerko Wrote: I thought there is no need for MSAA if you already had your internal resolution set at 3x or 4x

MSAA will make a difference at high resolution, just not as noticeable at all. 2x is enough to do any amount of noticeable antialiasing, or at least this is just my opinion.

But no, there's no need for it at all. It's just extra. It's very, very sharp without it. You pretty much have to look right at the aliasing to notice it, like a dead pixel on a high-res screen, which is silly to get upset about because ANY game has aliasing even at the highest antialiasing known to man - it's just been made smaller.
You can enable FXAA through GSdx (no need to do it via the nvidia cpanel) by pressing PageUp
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Can someone explain to me why MSAA "needs lots of memory" as the tool tip puts it. What's it doing that it needs more than framebuffer size*# of AA sample?
(05-25-2012, 02:05 PM)jarheadp Wrote: And i wont be able to oc my cpu to 4ghz as it isnt unlocked, i might just leave pcsx2 until i get my 2600k which will hopefully be soon

Your multiplier doesn't need to be unlocked to OC, you just have to go about it the old-fashioned way. The guides I posted should describe how to do it in reasonable detail. It would be a hassle though, if you're getting a 2600k soon then there's no reason to bother with it.
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 960T Black Edition @ 4.00 Ghz
RAM: 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 (2GB)

I also have a lot of fun LEDs in my case, which help me look like a pro l33t gamer, and also function as nightlights because I'm mortally afraid of the dark.
(05-31-2012, 05:16 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Speaking of antialiasing, does FXAA affect PCSX2? Read the description in NVIDIA, it sounds like it would - Here's a screenshot.

I already use it anyway though, no problems. Just curious.

SMAA does a better job of not blurring it too much
(05-31-2012, 12:15 PM)DaMan Wrote: Can someone explain to me why MSAA "needs lots of memory" as the tool tip puts it. What's it doing that it needs more than framebuffer size*# of AA sample?

where would you store antialiased textures, if not memory.
(05-31-2012, 03:35 PM)Jickler Wrote: Your multiplier doesn't need to be unlocked to OC, you just have to go about it the old-fashioned way. The guides I posted should describe how to do it in reasonable detail. It would be a hassle though, if you're getting a 2600k soon then there's no reason to bother with it.

I thought if it wasnt unlocked then the cpu is limited to a certain frequency that you can overclock to? But if i buy a hyper 212 cooler what sort of clockspeed would i be able to get too on this locked cpu? and would it be good enough to run these games at a higher speed, hopefully so, then itll keep me going until i finally get my 2600k Tongue