Can play KH1+2 but not FFXII?
Hi all

I'm having some problems with pcsx2 on my laptop. I can play KH1+2 (with some tweaks) no problem, only slowing down occasionally when fights get really hectic. But I'm trying FFXII INTZJ and I can't get it to run ok. I'm not expecting it to run 100% smooth because of my system but I figured if it can run KH it would be somewhat feasible. And funny thing is I managed to get FFXII running to a playable level before on this very laptop a while back and I can't remember how now. I've tried many different configurations found off the web but nothing works. Can anyone help me?

Attached is also a screenshot of my pcsx2 setup.

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 6051 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.393 ghz (4 logical threads)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I could begin with the old ... remove from C:\Program Files... but since it is not the problem here, whatever.

Maybe the problem in there is too much speedhack, mainly VU cycle stealing, making the game sluggish. I can only guess since no information was provided about your actual plugin's (and PCSX2) configuration other than what plugins are being used.

PS: Could be excessive upscale also, if is the case try reducing a bit. Beware other post processing features at GSDX also, some may cause issues depending on game.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-23-2013, 01:36 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I could begin with the old ... remove from C:\Program Files... but since it is not the problem here, whatever.

Maybe the problem in there is too much speedhack, mainly VU cycle stealing, making the game sluggish. I can only guess since no information was provided about your actual plugin's (and PCSX2) configuration other than what plugins are being used.

PS: Could be excessive upscale also, if is the case try reducing a bit. Beware other post processing features at GSDX also, some may cause issues depending on game.

You'll have to forgive me, which specs should I put up? Which are relevant? ( I thought the image I attached to the previous message would suffice).

Those speedhacks at the first screenshot... try reducing VU cyclestealing to 1 or disabling EE cyclestealing, consider disabling MTVU also. Try combinations. What may happening in there is actually excess speedhacks instead lack.

To be sure, verify the values for the EE and GS percentage at the game screen (use windowed mode to it), and the FPS also.

The CPU is a bit on the slower side but should be able to run this game without much trouble, I can't say anything about the video card so I can only guess.

If the FPS is shown as normal and the game seems sluggish then you can be sure it was caused by speedhacks.

If EE is nearing 100% then VU cycle stealing may be stalling EE. If GS is nearing 100% is probably too much post processing at GSDX.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-23-2013, 02:37 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Those speedhacks at the first screenshot... try reducing VU cyclestealing to 1 or disabling EE cyclestealing, consider disabling MTVU also. Try combinations. What may happening in there is actually excess speedhacks instead lack.

To be sure, verify the values for the EE and GS percentage at the game screen (use windowed mode to it), and the FPS also.

The CPU is a bit on the slower side but should be able to run this game without much trouble, I can't say anything about the video card so I can only guess.

If the FPS is shown as normal and the game seems sluggish then you can be sure it was caused by speedhacks.

If EE is nearing 100% then VU cycle stealing may be stalling EE. If GS is nearing 100% is probably too much post processing at GSDX.

I'm beginning to understand. Here's a screen shot of FFXII in action.
Is there perhaps something I can do with the video plugin?

P.S You've been very helpful.

we'll stop here since there's normally no support for pirated ames.
closed & warned.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go