Can some(1) help me with settings for my P.C.
Music 
Hay,i need some help with my setting's for my P.C.:
Inter Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 2.20GHz 1gb Ram
GeForce 8400 GS:|
Windows XP SP2
Pcsx 0.9.8
Please/ThK
I want some good setting's to play games like Dragon Ball and games like that..and I want to know one more thing..For My Inter Core 2 Duo CPU i need to use GSDx SSSE3 or SSE3 Because I use SSS3 Smile
I used alot of combinations of settings and work well in some games but on Dragon Ball z Budokai Tenkaici 1/2/3(][_ [{}] ][_)and games like that.On menu i have 60FPS but on battle i have 20-30FPS i can get fps 60 on battle just if I use FULL Speed Hack and Skip Framerate and i can't play when with skip framerate because it look and it move like a *****Wacko[/u][/b][/size][/font]

Sponsored links

That cpu is a bit slow, soo unless you'll use SVN version which works faster for those games, you'll need to OC it(especially if you're using NTSC versions, PAL is lighter on CPU in this case). Only recommended speedhacks do anything in those games, the rest is pretty much false reading or even slowdowns. And make sure to set "allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx options as this game runs faster with it. Unfortunately DX9 which you are limited to, is like 2x slower in those games than DX10, soo potentially with your GPU you cannot get full speed even in native res, unless you upgrade to Windows Vista/Windows 7.
wait isn't GeForce 8800 is a DX10 card !
(08-18-2011, 07:56 PM)miseru99 Wrote: That cpu is a bit slow, soo unless you'll use SVN version which works faster for those games, you'll need to OC it(especially if you're using NTSC versions, PAL is lighter on CPU in this case). Only recommended speedhacks do anything in those games, the rest is pretty much false reading or even slowdowns. And make sure to set "allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx options as this game runs faster with it. Unfortunately DX9 which you are limited to, is like 2x slower in those games than DX10, soo potentially with your GPU you cannot get full speed even in native res, unless you upgrade to Windows Vista/Windows 7.
Can u tell me just what i need to do to make the game faster because im not the best on english ...and what mean OC?Wacko is a pcsx2 version or what..SmileUnsure

8000+ is DX10. also see my sig for settings help
(08-18-2011, 08:50 PM)abdo123 Wrote: wait isn't GeForce 8800 is a DX10 card !
It is but he's on Windows XP = limited to DX9...

(08-18-2011, 09:04 PM)darqstile Wrote: ...and what mean OC?Wacko is a pcsx2 version or what..SmileUnsure

OC = Overclock, anyway if you don't even know the word, you shouldn't really mess with it.
For this series SVN builds works faster(and also have hackfixes for bad graphics), you can get those from here. For the settings for it, just recommended speedhacks(without MTVU).

Unfortunately your graphic card is kind of weak for this game, it's enough to run at native res in DX10 mode, but DX9 which you can only use is about 2x slower in this game series, meaning what you already have 20-30 fps can be a limit of what you can get. If you would have also a Win 7 OS or at least Vista, that game would most likely run at full speed in native res on your system, but as Windows XP is limited to DX9, there's nothing much you can do.

You could try setting GSdx at custom res to something small like 320x320 and turning off texture filtering to gain some speed. Also make sure you have "Allow 8-bit textures" checked on as this game works even slower without it. Generally enter an GSdx options and try setting it like:

But in your case it'll be DX9 hardware as you have win XP which doesn't have DX10/11 support. If the speed will be ok, you can try a higher internal res or turning on texture filtering back, but I doubt dx9 will get full speed even at native with this GPU you have.

Edit: also if you have all 3 of those games, start with Budokai Tenkaichi 3, althrough last, and imho best, it's the least demanding of those series in both CPU/GPU.
(08-18-2011, 09:34 PM)miseru99 Wrote: It is but he's on Windows XP = limited to DX9...

OC = Overclock, anyway if you don't even know the word, you shouldn't really mess with it.
For this series SVN builds works faster(and also have hackfixes for bad graphics), you can get those from here. For the settings for it, just recommended speedhacks(without MTVU).

Unfortunately your graphic card is kind of weak for this game, it's enough to run at native res in DX10 mode, but DX9 which you can only use is about 2x slower in this game series, meaning what you already have 20-30 fps can be a limit of what you can get. If you would have also a Win 7 OS or at least Vista, that game would most likely run at full speed in native res on your system, but as Windows XP is limited to DX9, there's nothing much you can do.
And i saw a OC video on youtube and i don't want to risk my pc Smileso i wont use OC...
You could try setting GSdx at custom res to something small like 320x320 and turning off texture filtering to gain some speed. Also make sure you have "Allow 8-bit textures" checked on as this game works even slower without it. Generally enter an GSdx options and try setting it like:

But in your case it'll be DX9 hardware as you have win XP which doesn't have DX10/11 support. If the speed will be ok, you can try a higher internal res or turning on texture filtering back, but I doubt dx9 will get full speed even at native with this GPU you have.

Edit: also if you have all 3 of those games, start with Budokai Tenkaichi 3, althrough last, and imho best, it's the least demanding of those series in both CPU/GPU.
I tried a combination froma video and from my mind and now i can play with 60-100+ FPS on menu and on battle 40-49 some times and with 50-62 fps but not muchSmileBlush
You tried setting GSdx to custom low internal res or you're getting those 50-62fps while playing on native?

Also when you get slowdowns EE% or GS% reaching around 100%, if it does then the game is cpu limited, but even NTSC version of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 should run fine on your CPU(Tenkaichi 1/2 at least in NTSC can be cpu limited through).
If none of it reaches close to 100% then it's GPU limited, and I think that's the case here, upgrading windows soo you can use dx10 renderer or at least decreasing internal res to even less is only hope to gain more speed as DX9 is very slow for this game and also the game overally isn't too light on GPU.
(08-18-2011, 11:15 PM)miseru99 Wrote: You tried setting GSdx to custom low internal res or you're getting those 50-62fps while playing on native?

Also when you get slowdowns EE% or GS% reaching around 100%, if it does then the game is cpu limited, but even NTSC version of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 should run fine on your CPU(Tenkaichi 1/2 at least in NTSC can be cpu limited through).
If none of it reaches close to 100% then it's GPU limited, and I think that's the case here, upgrading windows soo you can use dx10 renderer or at least decreasing internal res to even less is only hope to gain more speed as DX9 is very slow for this game and also the game overally isn't too light on GPU.
on GSDx setting i don't use native i use
256x256 the graphic isn't very good like in native but is pretty good to be playableSmileand i want to know if texture filtering slow the game or make it fasterWackoNinja oh and can u tell me if speed hack will make the game faster or i can turn off the speed hack because i have EE cyclerate ON 1
VU cycle stealing 0
mvu Flag hack
mvu Block hack
enable INTC spin detection
enable wait loop detection
and i want to know if speed hack can help me in this game and if it help me how to make the speed hack settings
the EE get like 20-30% and GS 10-20 %Smile hmm sometimes ee and gs rise very much 50-60 Wacko
Code:
mvu Flag hack
mvu Block hack
enable INTC spin detection
enable wait loop detection
^ you can turn ON above speedhacks, but don't use EE cyclerate nor VU cycle stealing, in this game it doesn't do anything except giving a false fps reading. Anyway speedhacks help you gain speed when your fps are CPU limited, in your case they'll not really do much.

50-60% as max for EE/GS is nothing important, it only confirms that your bottleneck is your GPU, actually it's good enough for native res, but only in Windows Vista or 7 as that is requirement for DX10/11 - which works twice as fast for this game than DX9.

Texture filtering generally makes graphics much nicer, but when your game is limited by GPU turning it off can give a few fps. Other options that affect GPU speed are internal res(which you already have very low) and "allow 8-bit textures" which generally can work differently depending on game, GPU and even internal res you're playing. Maybe with such low internal res it'll work faster with that last option turned off, you can try how it's faster for you, but nothing really else you can do.

In the end to play at full speed and with nice graphic, you would need at least an OS or GPU upgrade(or even better - bothTongue). Probably only DBZ game that could run in full speed for you without an upgrade would be DBZ:Budokai 1(Budokai, not Budokai Tenkaichi).