Can someone help me set up pcsx2 according to my pc?
I followed the guide on here but am having troubles launching any game. I have Vista 64, E8400 @3.00 stock, ATI Radeon 8470 512mb, 4GB RAM.

I installed Pcsx2 0.9.6 and I got the bios from my ps2 and put them in the bios folder. Then I set my config options. I choose GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41 0.1.14) for the graphics choosing 1440x900, Direct3D10 Hardware, 16:9, Native, Texture filtering, NLoop Hack greyed out. Now Pixel Shader 2.0 is shaded out not letting me choose any other. But my graphics card supports 4.0 pixel shader. Why is this?

Next for the controller I selected LilyPad 0.9 or the PAD Pressure Mod 1.70 and configure it for use with my xbox 360 controller since there is way to get the PS3 controller to work with this emulator under Vista 64.

CDROM I choose P.E.Op.S and select Drive D.

Sound I leave untouched at SPU2-X 1.1.0

BIOS I select USA v1.60 7/02/2002 Console

Okay so I try some of my retail ps2 games like Kingdom Hearts and God of War and after clicking Run CD/DVD, it crashes and it says rom2 not found, erom not found. So then I try Final Fantasy X as an ISO on my computer and same thing. I don't know if this is important or not but when I click Config the cmd prompt says in red "Plugin Load Failure: plugins\ZeroGS.ddl SysLibError Message <NULL>"

1)Are my configurations the best optimized for my computer?
2)Second why is it giving me this rom2, erom error?
3)Why is pixel shader 2.0 shaded out not letting me choose 4.0?
4) Will there ever be a driver released allowing me to use my PS3 controller with this emulator under Vista 64? Apparently it works with Vista 32 but not 64.

Sponsored links

pixel shared is shaded out because your graphics card probably does not have pixel shader3 and above. If it does then I don't know what's wrong.
Use windowed mode.
for an ISO use Linuzappz plugin and configure it to point to the ISO.
Use the same pad plugin for both pads.
Use p.e.op.s sound plugin.
Also update your directX
Don't use zeroGS graphics plugin if it causes error.
disable all speedhacks and then try.
also disable the patches if they are enabled.
(04-24-2009, 11:07 PM)redlof Wrote: pixel shared is shaded out because your graphics card probably does not have pixel shader3 and above. If it does then I don't know what's wrong.
Use windowed mode.
for an ISO use Linuzappz plugin and configure it to point to the ISO.
Use the same pad plugin for both pads.
Use p.e.op.s sound plugin.
Also update your directX
Don't use zeroGS graphics plugin if it causes error.
disable all speedhacks and then try.
also disable the patches if they are enabled.

Well according to the guide:

Quote:Note: When running in Direct3D10 mode,this will be grayed out since GSdx is using Pixel Shaders 4 which you can't change
So apparently it is using 4.0 it's just greyed out from me changing it.

Ok so I tried all that you said above and it still cannot launch anything. Why would I need to update my directx? I just installed Vista Business SP1 and apparently SP1 includes DirectX 10.1 which is the latest. But it now does ask to update directx. So I click to take me to the website. I install and it says I already have the latest. But when I relaunch pcsx2 it still asks to update then crashes right after. What am I doing wrong?

And I don't choose zeroGS plugin I chose that other one I mentioned for graphics so why is it saying failed to load?

EDIT UPDATE: IT NOW WORKS. I RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND SUDDENLY EVERYTHING WORKS NOW.
Why don't you Snapshot the screen while your PCSX2 fail to load ?

(And ........ there are no such ATI radeon 8470 graphic card exist. OK let make it the nearest series ... ATI radeon 8500 this card only support Directx 8.0 only .. not even reach direct X 9.0)

+ I also can guess that ..... is it ATI HD 4870 ?
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy