Can someone please tell me what I can do to get more FPS in SO:TTEOT?
I'm not real computer savvy and all, but I'd really like to know what I can do to get games like Star Ocea:TTEOT to run at a decant speed. I know my pc is capable of it, as I'm able to run Persona 3 pretty well.

I'm kinda lost as for what I need to do to. Like I said, I'm not real computer savvy, but I'll tell you what I do know that I think would most likely help you guys be able to help me out.

Oh, and btw, Persona 3 ran pretty well after I toned some things I understood down.

The following is my PC INFO:

Oh, and as added note. Just how outdated is my processor?

Processors Information
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 4)
Number of threads 4 (max 4)
Name AMD Athlon II X4 620
Codename Propus
Specification AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor
Package Socket AM3 (938)
CPUID F.5.2
Extended CPUID 10.5
Brand ID 8
Core Stepping BL-C2
Technology 45 nm
Core Speed 2612.2 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 13.0 x 200.9 MHz
HT Link speed 1004.7 MHz
Stock frequency 2600 MHz
Instructions sets MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTA 512 graphics card.

I also have Directx9(Yeah, I'm a XP user.)

So, what can I do to get the game to run better?

I don't care if whatever settings you give me make the game look like a PS1 game. I just want decent sound, as little slowdown as possible, and MOST importantly, to still play in a window.

SO, any ideas on what I can do to get what I want?

Thanks you for whatever assistance you can give.

Sponsored links

Start by trying the latest beta then show us your settings so we can help better.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I uninstalled and then re-installed. Turns out the plugins on the link are what I had already. Good thing I made a backup.

Anyways, what exactly do I need to show you, and how do I do so?
What is gsdx plugins do you use?? Try with plugins packs from latest pcsx2 0.97 beta, set to native res and use vucycle stealing hack set to medium. Maybe with old gsdx 0.17 plugin you can try too.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
For me, my laptop is not very good but I can run all my favorite games except WILD ARMS 5(IN BATTLE) AT FULL SPEED. And Star Ocean 3-TTEOT is one of my most favorite and i am playing it at full speed with the new PCSSX2.0.9.7 r3113. I can even play it with double speed.

Try the PCSX2.0.9.7 r3113. It should help you.

NOTE: For me the zerospu2 which comes with it has choppy sound. I used zerospu2 r1455 0.4.6 and it worked well.

===============================================
If you want to try here my speedhacks & GSDX config.

No mess with EE/IOPs and VUs.

GS --
[UNCHECK] DISABLE FRAMELIMITING

GSDX 3068 (MSVC 15.00 SSE41) 0.1.16--

RENDERER - DIECT3D 10/11 HARDWARE
INTERLACING F5 - NONE
DIRECT3D ENHANCEMENTS - NATIVE[ON]
ANTI-ALIASING -0
ALLOW 8 BIT TEXTURES - [ON]

GAMEFIXES --
VU ADD HACK[ON]
VU CLIP FLAG HACK[OFF]
FPU COMPARE HACK[ON]
FPU MULTIPLY ADD HACK[OFF]
FPU NEGATIVE DIV HACK[OFF]
VU XGKICK HACK[OFF]
FFX VIDEOS FIX[ON]
EE TIMING HACK[ON]

SPEEDHACKS --
EE CYCLE RATE

1 2 3
-----------[]----------

VU CYCLE STEALING

0 2 3
----------------[]-----

[ON]ENABLE INTC SPIN DETECTION
[ON]ENABLE WAIT LOOP DETECTION
[ON]IOP x2 CYCLE RATE HACK
[ON]mVU FLAG HACK
[OFF]mVU MIN/MAX HACK
Excl I'm looking into your soul
[Image: 577477_243873175728949_943654402_n-1.jpg]

Intel Core i5-3230M Ivy Bridge 2.6 GHz(3.2GHz Turbo Boost)
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD 4000/AMD Radeon HD 8670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated) (Switchable Graphics)
Windows 8 64-bit
Wild Arms 5 is very CPU intensive in battles.
Even i can't run it full speed sometimes and VU stealing doesn't help (makes the game hang).
Disable the gamefixes, and don't enable every single speedhack, also uncheck allow 8-bit textures it causes slowdowns.
For wild arms5 i prefer to use pcsx2 0.96 or last pcsx2 beta which is still have vuskip and ee 3x hack in option rather than use pcsx2 latest beta 0.97 r.3113. Because vuskip is better option rather than use vucycle stealing hack = hangs in game. Maybe you can use newest gsdx plugin from pcsx2 0.97 beta if can give an advantage result.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Well, I wasn't able to do all of what you suggested(I have windows XP, and direct x9, like I said.) but so far the game running a LOT faster. I'm talking twice as fast. From 20fps to 40 fps. I have to start a new game, but it's worth it.

Thanks so much.